you know you have played too much metro 2033 when

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by stevetheranger, Dec 2, 2012.

1. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

Found you..!

Attached Files:

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hahaha, third in your last post on the previous page... just so awesome! :lol:

3. KLMKsunbunny

Not sure if its genuine or not, but it certainly could be made.
    According to the book, some of the metro tunnels run for several hundred metres in a straight line, thats an easy shot for a sniper, you can take out your enemy long before he reaches your station, and with little ammo.. Surely it would make sense to use them on guard points. Guess anyone with those skills would be in demand.

Anyway, back to topic...

you know you've played Metro too much when you won't go near a library anymore..!

4. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I just deleted a whole comment about why snipers would be so good in the Metro after I realised that they would be useless in most of the Metro because of the lack of light so unless the whole tunnel was lit or the sniper had night vision the sniper rifle would be useless in a firefight where you're fighting in the light of a lamp or fire. Also I still think most fighting (unless a big battle) in the Metro would take place in close quarters down side passages etc.

5. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

yes but if he is a ranger they have night vision googles and there gear is kinda dark colored so all he would have to do is go prone pull the googles down and start sniping

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

In addition to that, there's also something called Thermal vision/sight ;) (Although I find that highly unlikely to be scattered around everywhere in the Metro).

7. KLMKsunbunny

Mate, i had the same thought as you.. But i think i have a solution. Metro2033 the book talks about how tunnels at the edges of the stations would be very sparsely lit - a single bulb every hundred metres or so, right? So here's how i would set it up. Your sniper is at the station end, hidden, and in darkness. He can see the lit bulbs stretching away down the tunnel into the distance, He is watching the area for movement (these people are trained to lie in wait watching a target for hours) so as soon as anything moves into one of the lit area it becomes a potential target. No need for night vision either, though it would be an added bonus. It is well documented how a single determined sniper can hold an area against a larger attacking force.
    But yeah, if we go by the book, it also talks about the deterioration of the metro dwellers eyesight, that probably means there aint many snipers left anymore!

8. KLMKsunbunny

Not everywhere, no. Very rare? Definately. But why not? You know thermal cameras are used to find buried earthquake survivors? Its not unimaginable they form part of a fire/rescue equipment stockpile somewhere...

9. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Only certain tunnels have lighting, usually busy ones so I assume only the more powerful factions like the Hanza would have the kind of equipment needed for a sniper in the Metro, power is hard to come by in the Metro so finding NV/Thermal is one thing, keeping it charged another.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Vast majority of tunnels in both the Moscow metro and the St. Petersburg metro are in complete darkness, with few exceptions (as Toshi mentioned, the more powerful factions).

11. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

You know you've played too much Metro when you start breathing heavily and gasping when you leave the house. :p

12. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

When you randomly say Metro punchlines with your friends and only 2 of them get it.

13. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

lol Me and a classmate used to crack up, one of us would say 'Some people call them demons' and the other would finish it. Hahaha! Good times.

You know you've played too much Metro 2033 when you say to your friends 'The sky! That's the sky isn't it? I'll.. I'll be famous! I saw the sky!'

14. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

You know you've played to much Metro when you look at the dark, gloomy sky and grin

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You know you've played too much Metro 2033 when you step outside to see the snow and the first thing that comes to your mind is a nuclear winter.

16. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

then you run back in choking for air to get a gas mask

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

You know you've been playing too much Metro2033 when you walk outside in the morning, and it's dark and snowy, and you're therefor kind of jogging to the streetlights because you're afraid of mutants jumping out of the dark :eek:

18. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

You know you play to much Metro 2033 when as soon as you see a tall building to dive behind objects and watch for Demons.

19. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Columbus Ohio is near one of the only M1 Abrams tank factories in the US, so I'd probably be screwed.

You know you've been playing Metro too much when you start talking in a Russian accent.

20. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

A friend of mine called me over the phone the other day and asked what i was doing.I said "Nothing..." and he said "Oh...you're in the Metro again, aren't you? Get out of the damned Metro already, you're going to get blind." :)
    So i guess you know you have played too much metro 2033 when your friends start telling you to "get out of the damned Metro" :D