Yooka Laylee

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheStalker, Jun 27, 2015.

1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I was sure I had posted a thread on this during the kickstarter, but I seem to have forgotten to do so!

Yooka-Laylee is a "Rare-vival" of old 3d platformers. The game is being made by many old RARE employees, and is inspired by, but will not directly copy, Banjoo-Kazooie. It revolves around two characters collecting pages of books to unlock worlds within the books.

[YOUTUBE]XodNzNWAAz4[/YOUTUBE]
    P.S. The game will include music by two of the best composers in video game history.
    [YOUTUBE]rH2SF01LQ9o[/YOUTUBE]

2. Saw the announcement the day it was posted. Reddit Gaming went crazy over it for a while.

Never played the originals, but I'm happy the devs get to make a cool game again. Seems like a cult classic.

3. Warhawk

Warhawk Well-Known Member

The Rusty Bucket lives again?

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You showed this to me on Steam once, looks pretty cool. If I ever used Kickstarter then I'd probably back it.

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

You can pledge through their website now ;)

Also wanted to mention some evolutions from old platformers:
    1. Playtonics: These give characters a unique set of improvements to their normal powers. Players will only be able to use 1 or 2 of these, and they will enable new parts of the game to be unlocked. These will add an rpg like feel and add replay value.

2. Expanding worlds: Players will be able to sell the pages they acquire to expand the game worlds. This adds even more exploration and platforming to the game.

3. Character Powers: While most of the older platformers didn't really have special powers based on what their characters were *I.E. Banjo in Banjo-Kazooie doesn't really have any "bear" powers* Yooka-Laylee will have powers that embrace the animals that their characters are. Yooka, the chameleon, will be able to change color to gain new powers and use his tongue for platforming, while Laylee, the bat, will have sonar powers.