Worried

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by EL_Pepe, Jul 17, 2012.

1. EL_Pepe

EL_Pepe Member

Just some some videio on youtube.In it, when artyom pick up filters the clock gives him more time...
    Is the changing filter animation being put aside? That would be a shame...

2. Ultimate_Hobo

Ultimate_Hobo Member

I saw this as well i hope they do not implement this because i really liked it when you would start to run out of breath and have to change the filter. In fact i would like it to go a bit further and not do it automaticaly if you forget somehow.

3. EL_Pepe

EL_Pepe Member

I agre with u. And another thing... I hope that the sound in russia will be avaliable too. Just like 2033.

4. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

Well, that video was in pre-alpha stage, meaning that the game is not complete, propably they will add this small animations when the gameplay is done.

5. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

Personally, I really like the new watch much better, so it is so nice to see it gives more time. I already tired of being stuck with no air filters in Metro 2033 when I was out of filters, sometimes.

6. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

But that's what makes it interesting. Artyom, living life on the edge, running out of air and just barely getting that filter before he suffocates.

Just my humble opinion. :p

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, manual filter exchange was better. Lets see what they do in the end...

8. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

Basically my run on the tower in Ranger Hardcore.

What a way to end the game.

9. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Manual makes it more realistic. Maybe they should have an option? To allow people to choose from it? However I'd also prefer manual filter change.

10. EL_Pepe

EL_Pepe Member

COOL. The digital watch might be something to buy at shop!! Very nice idea...

11. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, pure epicness there. I hope they have a wide range of options for us to play with, too (at the main menu). I jut love being able to customize every little bit of a game, from 5 different sound levels to invert Y-Axis to color modes (sepia, b&w), not that all these things would fit Metro.

12. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

That is worrying. I'd defintely prefer manual change too. I don't really like the whole concept of being short on filters at every turn, mainly because i like taking my time. I like to soak in the sights and sounds of the environment. I also like taking my time since I've learned to pretend to actually be there and feel the fear of of having only one life to live with no savegames...

13. Ultimate_Hobo

Ultimate_Hobo Member

I also like to take my time but i did like the added danger of running out of air i only had trouble with filters once though (on the mission where you have to shoot the chandelier i just shot at the door and tried to climb on the books :eek:) i would like to have less of them though at least on ranger hardcore because i never, not once, bought a filter.

14. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, I loved the short filters on Hardcore, it added that sense of urgency and danger.

15. EL_Pepe

EL_Pepe Member

Thank God it is a pre alpha code. That means that surely they'll add the animations that give us the realism we want and need XD

16. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

Just like in the 2011 is being played on god mode with infinate ammo there is a good chance the same was being done with filters

17. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

I didnt like the watch too much

18. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I asked the guys at the official Metro (THQ) facebook page and they replied;

FILTERS: The gameplay videos from E3 show a new mechanic where picking up filters adds to the amount of time you have clean air when using your gas mask. This is probably not going to change back to the old mechanic of changing the filters; but this mechanic hasn't been finalized and the dev team is looking at multiple ways to set this up in game.

19. teenbat

teenbat Active Member

A little late here, maybe?

But (though it may now be set in stone) I think it would be cool to have something like either the watch has the time (like it does now) and above that have something along the lines of 'x2' to show how many filters you have left, or have two separate times, one showing the time remaining on the filter, the other showing total time remaining on all filters, or at least a general time, like <15:00.

20. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't know, i just liked the change-filter mechanic.
    Also, i'd love to see different types of Gas Masks(each one with its own stats):
    for example, you could start with a lousy home-made Gas Masks and the more you go on in the SP you could find better Gas Masks.
    But, again, i think this is my soul of RPGer that comes out...