Why they should've put the good ending instead of the bad endng

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Greywolf997, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

dont say assassins creed,assassin creed brotherhood is a huge shit of gameplay we almost forgot that it was a game based to a very rich story and what we liked and was doing the whole time was killing the soldiers with 100 ways running here and there with 100 ways etc and not interested to what is gonna happen to the next mission(at least for me and some real assassin creed fans)..And assassin creed revelations gonna be bigger shit like we saw in the trailer,the best assassin creed so far was "2".It gave me some realy big emotions,remember when ezio and federico climbed that church tower that moment was so nice so awesome someon could cry, when ezios family died by the borga?, Ezios speeches to the people after revealing the truth? etc those moments was nice,things like these makes a game a good game and not something with super gameplay and shit story.

2. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

That pope was a satanist. And anyway... I'd rather follow Hitler against zionists than the church against orthodox christianism. Poor greek and russian people didn't do anything bad, god... Now, jews, jews control the world. They can destroy our freedom as fast as they gave it to us. I aint saying HEY KILL ALL THE JEWS, I'm saying "Hey, kill George Bush".

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey, I'm a Catholic, and I realize that historically that particular Pope was a stain on the Church. But he was still the pope. But hey, it's fiction.

Then again, they really should think those kind of things through, they had to know they were gonna turn people off. The bullshit "history" and "facts" about the Templars was irritating too.

4. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

WTF!?! Talk about killing George Bush all you want, i'll help, to set an example and show the world how we about a 100,000 civilians (low estimate) killed in Iraq. I'd probably be worth it. Talk that bs conspiracy theory stuff about Jews and this blond hair'd blue eye'd forum member will have a very hard time enjoying his stay on these forums. You might want to consider doing the world a favor and not stating your opinions and guesses and assumptions and plain-as-day fact. That can catch on. And let me know if they invent a time machine, so i can go back and do military missions against the Nazi's, (with a grin and a sparkle in my eyes).

5. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member

You guys aren't on topic and just derailed the thread. Chill out. This isn't stormfront, so if you want to argue about bullshit conspiracies take that crap there, but don't bring it here.

#25 Chrome, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  6. Von Streff

Regular

Wow, can't believe this one started up again. :p True, people, back on de track.

I reckon they should go with the bad ending, just 'cos the book and the game had those as the main endings. :)

7. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member

I agree, they should stay canon and stick by the book.

8. TrollofWar

TrollofWar Well-Known Member

If the good ending were canon, there'd be absolutely no need for a sequel. There is no conceivable enemy which could stand against the combined force of human weaponry and the Dark Ones' powers; in fact, in the book they're also referred to as ridiculously resilient, getting up after being shot down and carrying on advancing.

Bottom line, after the good ending, the worst that could happen is that the Dark ones turn out to have tricked Artyom, and instead make all humans slaves - at which point the rangers would still be the only ones with knowledge of D6, and therefore the weaponry able to destroy them, provided they got hold of another guidance system. The whole story would conceivably last around 30mins. - and that's if the worst happened; most likely they'd just have elevated humanity to greatness again alongside them. Boom, sequel is gone.

With the Dark ones destroyed, there is actually a reason for humanity's continued struggle. IIRC the good ending was referred to as a 'glimpse of what could have been.. nothing more', in the same way Artyom's final vision was in the book.

9. greenorange

greenorange Member

This is all quite new to me and this post actually opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.

10. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

TrollofWar-- You made very good point. That's interesting thought. Hmm... So, if they make humans their slaves, then probably, there would be another Dark Ones who would disagree with the idea of slavery against humanity (since Dark Ones still have their human mind and their psychical appearance). I am sure Dark Ones could become enemies to each other over humans. I can imagine how Dark Ones feel suddenly confused and betrayed after they thought they finally get their hope come true and would assist the humanity.

I am not sure what I can think of something more.

11. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I agree with Troll of War. Without the death of the dark ones, there would be no need for a sequel.

I think its a tragic story in a tragic world. There are no happy endings in this story.

12. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i kinda agree. the sadder the better

13. Von Streff

Regular

"... and in other news, a recent spike of depression has occurred after the release of a video-game called "Metro: Last Light". Victims apparently found the plot so sad that they immediately had to go to asylums to cheer up. Anti-depressant pills are now included in a package deal with this game..." - Radio report, January 2013

14. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Hahaha, yea that would be ridicoulus! xP
    And yet I don't quite agree that it wouldnt be a sequel if they killed the Dark Ones. They could surley have came up with something even though they would be gone.

15. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

You're not alone. I actually disagreed about no sequel without killing Dark Ones.

Still, who knows if Dark Ones could be good guys or bad guys (I really hope they are friendly creatures, not another typical evil monsters like in those video games). Personally, I like bad ending better because it is getting more interesting because if we go with good ending, it will be less exciting and there is not much to say. Unless new surprises that we don't expect something.

I can think what good ending would have:

1.) Some Dark Ones could help humanity better.
    2.) Artyom would have a chance to explain Darkes (I am tired of spelling "Dark Ones" all of the time. Maybe something nickname for them?) about humans can't tolerant their telepathic abilities and etc.
    3.) Artyom would explain to his people about Darkes.
    4.) Teaching Darkes how to write and read, maybe?
    5.) Like TrollofWar said, some Dark Ones could betray their allies and humans.
    6.) ???

It seems there is not much say. So, while I like good ending very much, I still will go for bad ending.

16. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I liked the book's ending best,which,in my opinion is nothing like the good or the bad ending in the game.
    In the book Artyom realizes why he had these visions and premonitions and feelings,but fails to cancel the attack.In the game is either kill or save the Dark Ones.
    The book ends in much,much sadder note.They have killed quite possibly the only thing that is (or was) able to help them have a normal life out on the surface.
    "What have we done? What do we do next?"
    The feeling of helplessness is almost sensible through the last pages.
    I liked the Dark ones as the "enemy" too,describing human nature perfectly - destroy what you don't understand.

And,besides,Artyom strikes the Hive,but we know The Dark Ones are all over the metro (and even Moscow),so,who knows,some of them might have survived.So,maybe we'll see more of them in Last Light.
    I hated how IGN called the story "cool".It's not "cool",it's great!

I have a question,though.At the end of the book Artyom takes his gas mask off and takes a deep breath of air.I thought the air is poisoned,unbreathable,dirty,etc.

17. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Sort of, in the game the air is poisioned and you need a gasmask to breathe.
    In the book however, it is radiation that makes the surface uninhabitable. So you could take of your gasmask and take a sip of air but in the prosses you will get a chunk of radiation in your system whitch will kill you if you don't put your mask on.
    There you go, I hope that this can suffice, if not, ask again :lol:

18. Von Streff

Regular

He's at the top of the tower, too. Maybe the air is a little clearer up there? Though radiation wouldn't change...

19. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

The dark ones are connected to each other in a way. It's like the zerg from starcraft. If the hq is gone they break down.

20. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

You can breath it but not for long.