"Who would win in a fight" thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by Agent_Nycto, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Agent_Nycto

Agent_Nycto Member

You know these questions and love them. Pick two characters, put them in a fight, discuss who would win and why.

Popeye Vs. The Hulk.

My money is on Popeye. While the Hulk can punch incredibly hard, Popeye is invulnerable when he has spinach. (Which he would have, just as Bruce would have to be angry.) Also, Popeye can punch someone and turn them into something else, or transport them an indeterminate distance with the force alone. Therefore, I secretly think that Popeye is a strange form of Punch Wizard, who can alter reality around him with violence.

2. NatureSun

NatureSun Well-Known Member

Superman vs Nathan Petrelli (from NBC show Heroes)

I think Nathan will win as he can not only absorb the powers of everyone else, but he already has accumulated so many powers, that even without absorbing Superman's powers there is no way Superman could kill him. Not to forget that he is pretty much immortal as well and killing him is very very tough.

3. Eltharion

Eltharion Member

isnt the way this thread is suppose to work is that the person below you answers yours and posts a new one?

Britney Spears vs Miley Cyrus? :p

4. casiolol

casiolol Well-Known Member

I think The Hulk would destroy Popeye. The Hulk is ripped beyond belief while Popeye is an old dude with some muscles. He'd probably try to take a bite out of The Hulk because his flesh tone is the same as spinach. Nice hypothetical matchup you conjured up there.

How about James Bond versus Ethan Hunt from Mission Impossible? My money is on James Bond because Ethan Hunt is a shrimp.

5. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

James Bond because he drinks all this alcohol stuff and screws woman while Ethan Hunt is just hanging around all day.

Mike Tyson or his addiction to alcohol?

6. Agent_Nycto

Agent_Nycto Member

Yeah, see, you're forgetting one thing. The Hulk when he punches things he hits them like normal. Popeye when he punches things can transform them into who knows what, or can punch them out of the Earth's atmosphere. Also, when he has spinach he's invulnerable. So while the Hulk can punch, Popeye is some sort of horrible invincible punch wizard.

7. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

Give me a vs. match.

8. iShootRocks

iShootRocks Member

Jason Bourne from the bourne identity or Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid?

My money would be on Jason Bourne but Snake is such a BA so I'm not sure. It would be a pretty even match up. What do you guys think?

9. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

GTA Fight CJ vs. Franklin
    I think CJ would win just because he trained in boxing in the story plus he is in better shape, but he is also giving up a lot of size up against Franklin I think it would be a close fight non the less.

10. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

That would be an interesting match up but I'll have to go with Popeye. I've seen Popeye get out of a lot of sticky situations with his spinach, and I think Bruce Banner will have a problem staying angry with Popeye.
    [​IMG]

11. ChristosR

ChristosR Active Member

Death Note's Yagami Light (Kira) vs Darker than Black's ''Hei'' Even though Kira can kill others only by writing their name down, Hei is an expert ''contractor'' with supernatural powers. I think Hei would win, because he's really good at finding people and he's protected because nobody know his real name or his face.

12. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Well-Known Member

Here's the thing. The effect of spinach on Popeye goes out after a while. The Hulk on the other hand can stay absolutely pissed for days. I say Hulk completely terminates Popeye.

13. sunkinship

sunkinship Member

ooooooh I have a good one! Who would win: Iron Man or Batman?

14. SpiralArchitect

Pfft... Easy. Batman.

Why? Because Batman always wins.

15. Zlyuka

Zlyuka Well-Known Member

Klitchko vs Tyson? Now that would be interesting one! I think a pre-jail Tyson would have owned both Klitchko brothers by KO's, but past 1995 one would not. What do you think?

Heavyweight boxing so so boring and uneventful in recent years :(

16. SpiralArchitect

Tyson definitely and yeah I agree that this is considering Tyson at his peak.

How about Ali vs Tyson? Both at their peak.

17. kimjongchill

kimjongchill Active Member

CJ would destroy Franklin in a fight. There's not even any competition, there.

How about Walter White vs. Ricky from Trailer Park Boys?

18. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Xbox vs. PS4? Who will win this one? Why?

My money is on PS4. Better deal for what you pay for. The Xbox just didn't step up to the plate this generation.

19. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I have no clue, since I don't plan on buying either anytime soon, but if I had to choose I would probably say the PS4 it is cheaper so their is no reason to get an Xbox one unless their are some exclusive titles that your looking forward to.

20. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

The eternal grudge match of course. Superman vs. The Hulk. There are hundreds of topics related to this question around the internet, and nobody found a definitive answer yet. What do you think?