Quantcast

Who Uses the Face Changer?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by stupidshashlmao, Jun 27, 2015.

1. I think all of my characters visit the face changer, some more than others. I have rules about it though. I never alter the structure of any face. I only change hair colors and styles, including facial hair, (there is an old thread about this somewhere, called $1000 Haircut and Shave, or something of that nature). In the case of my Argonian, skin color was altered a couple times.

2. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Most of my characters have used her services at on point. Usually just for a hair cut and or a shave

3. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

Being on PC, I always use the console to pull up the race menu. The only time I ever used her was when I was doing a character on the run who was trying to radically change her appearance.

4. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Active Member

I used to, but now I just design my character more carefully at the beginning of the game.

5. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I use the face changer probably more often than I should. Sometimes to my characters' detriment, sometimes to their benefit; sometimes to enhance roleplay, sometimes just because I feel like it (or have gotten sick of the way my character looks at the moment) or messed up a feature when I first made the character.
    My main character I changed a few things on, like hair color and style and war paint color and style, as well as eye color and skin color. And she is one of the few of my characters that benefited from it; she seems to look more like herself now, if that makes sense, though it took a few tries and a few thousand septims to make it work.
    My Khajiit is the second to have used the face changer - she did with the first $1,000 she made to celebrate her enrollment in the TG and DB and I've regretted it ever since. Gypsy Moon was originally designed to look like a snow leopard, to better fit into her snowy environment, but once she enrolled in these less than savory guilds it just didn't seem right to have a bright white, blue eyed Khajiit sneaking around doing missions, so I made her mostly black. I hate it. With her next $1,000 she'll be going back to her snow leopard look, screw realism lol.
    All my other characters have only seen the FC to complete the sidequest and correct various mistakes made during character creation, and/or add a scar or two after really tough battles. Seems to me the FC is a bit more flexible when it comes to things like that.

6. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

I've used it a few times. It's much better than bringing up the Race Menu with the console, since that can be glitchy or override your levelling. Amusingly I actually redo the face less often now that I use face-revealing helmets (god bless the mod that replaces the Dragonplate Helm with the Jagged Crown model).

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

I only visited her once, out of curiosity. After that, I completely forgot about her until you brought up this topic. :p

I think it's great for people who like to roleplay a lot and like to feel like their characters, but given that I play exclusively in first person mode, I don't really care about how my character looks.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I normally take a really long time in character creation to adjust the face to how I want her to look, so I didn't really need the face changer myself. I'll spend a good hour or so just tweaking the face before I'm satisfied enough to start playing the game.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

At my first playthrough, I used the Face changer but on my second and third, I never used it.

10. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

I've used the face changer a couple of times, but I'm pretty happy with how my character looks so I don't need to bother with it anymore. I'm one of those people that spends forever on customization at the beginning of the game, so I have only used it for some tiny, tiny changes. I think its a pretty handy feature though, because sometimes I work on a character forever and then I'm like OH DANG I SHOULDA DONE THIS ONE THING DIFFERENT... So its nice for people that want to make changes to be able to do that in game. Better to have it as an option than to not and have people wanting to change their character 100 hours in, lol.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

I don`t really change the appearance of my character, once I start the game. I usually spend hours creating my character for it to be to my liking, so afterwards, I won`t really change anything about it.

12. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

Just like me. Though I can't seem to ever make a male character to my liking, because the default char gen is pretty limited and seems to always make samey looking characters, if that makes sense. Oblivion's character creation system was far better imo.

13. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Yes, Oblivion had more options to customize your appearance. I think Skyrim has a few mods that fix the problem, but I am not 100% sure.

14. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

I used it once out of curiosity. Very expensive, but it's the only way you can access the create menu again. I actually used her after that to just change the beard length of my character, as a sign of him being more experienced in battle and all that. Your hair can't really grow in Skyrim, unlike in Witcher 3. So for role playing purposes, I use her to grow a beard and change hairstyles every now and then.