Which monster creeped you out the most?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Those are the Lurkers.
    And yep,those were the creepiest ones for me.
    Damn those backstabbers.

2. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

I think the creepiest would be that thing with wings and it had that wierd abilities on the levl depot it comes out of a carrage and blasts this thing in your face aha, scariest is a tie between Black plated nosalasis and Black Librarians

3. STALKER_2012

STALKER_2012 Well-Known Member

The mutated nosalises (I think they are) which look kinda birds or something like that with yellow eyes and wings. They really creeped me out when I saw them... urgh and dat sound of their shockwave or what ever the hell that was. But the lurkers aren't nice to look at too.

4. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Slightly off topic,but i don't want to start another thread just for that.
    At D6 there is some sort of...uhm,surveilance camera i guess...? You can move it up or down.What is it for?

5. STALKER_2012

Wow, I didn't know that. Sounds interesting :D

6. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

There isn't much to see,you can just move it up and down/left and right and once you lower it all the way to the bottom it won't work anymore.
    There is a keyboard and a monitor on the wall next to the door and once you start the ventilation system you can use it.If you use it and look at the control room you can see Artyom playing with the keyboard :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#86 Keegan83, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
  7. STALKER_2012

Just something little to play with I guess :) there are some things like that during the game. In the prologue for example where you could turn the lights on or the ventilation system and stuff like that. I don't think that it has some deeper meaning.

8. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Does anyone know what clicking the buttons on the control panel do. I'm talking about the prologe when your in the room where you have to crank open the blast door.

9. STALKER_2012

That's nothing I presume. Just some interactive stuff to make the world feel real or something like that. You can even turn the lights on in the next room but the bulbs are going to blast so there is no real sense in doing that. But it's still awesome how much love for details is there. Not many games have that in my opinion.

10. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

too bad that sort of turret has no ammo...i would have loved to shoot the Amoebas with that!

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Back to the original question asked in this topic: I think that the spambot is a particularly frightening monster. :p

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

I was thinking to say the exact same thing when I saw this ol' thread pop up again :p

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Great minds think alike. ;)

14. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Librarians every time I just run straight to the elevator first time I took the bait (the ammo sitting in a hole on the wall) that was frightening.

15. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

SPam bots creeping at a crab

16. zin

zin Active Member

My first playtroughs the Librarians freaked me out, but then recently I learned you can avoid them without any bullets or blood shed, who knew hah. Simply let them walk up to you, pretty intimidating, but stand your ground. If he goes near you back just slightly or forward(if you dare;) and look at him. He'll walk away eventually without attacking you, BUT if you run he will attack. A pretty neat tactic to put few arrows in his face with precision, a chance to kill the horrible beast with only one shot!

I also dislike the area where you have to carry Sasha and your aim will become slow as mouse smooth was on. But pretty manageable if you stand in one side of the corridor and pick your targets.

17. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

The difficulty with standing in a corner is that there might be a unchecked hole behind you. :/