Quantcast

Which Final Fantasy Has the Best OST?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by ACSAPA, Jan 18, 2016.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

The Final Fantasy games are known for having really good and memorable soundtracks. The music has really enhanced the games. Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and whatever other composers know how to make great OSTs for the series. My personal favorite Final Fantasy OSTs are FFX, FFVII, FFVI, and even FFXIII. What are your favorites? You can even mention particular tracks or what emotions the soundtrack evoked from you.

2. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

Have to go with Final Fantasy VI overall. There are some tracks from other Final Fantasy titles that I like more, but there's no other game in the series that, for me, covers the emotional gamut so well. I can only think of one or two tracks on the OST I don't like, and they're quickly drowned out by stuff like Dancing Mad.

Second place would probably go to FFIX. It's so... whimsical. Most of the tracks aren't as powerful as some others in the series, but they fit the game so incredibly well. Even Melodies of Life, with its weirdo lyrics, is pretty great if you focus on the instrumental work.