What's your dream job?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by thecorinthian, Nov 14, 2015.

1. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've always wanted to be a travel writer so then I could go anywhere in the world like a free vacation and get to work on my passion: writing. When I was younger I wanted to be a doctor then an astronaut then a writer-- as a kid my dreams change frequently. So, what's your dream job? Are you doing it right now?

2. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say it would a luxury car mechanic since they are paid really well with less hours to work than in an usual mechanics shop.

3. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would love to be a critic that would go to different hotels/resorts and stay the night and write reviews on the service and the experience during my stay. It would be like going on a mini vacation and writing a report on it that would give you money. I would love a job like that...

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Web Developer, which I'm kind of striving for everyday. I'm working really hard for this career, soon enough I'll be up there. I know it!

5. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member
    Regular

My dream job is playing poker. It affords all the freedom of making your own schedule. It's a challenge, and fun at the same time. It's hard path though. Easier said than done.

6. loulou

loulou Member
    Regular

A writer, whether it be books or for video game story lines. I'd be happy with either! I've loved reading and writing since I was a little kid, so to actually have a job that lets me do that would be magical. The most I'm doing right now is little side writing jobs or writing for friends while working a 'normal' job, but hey, something is better than anything.

7. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey, are you working on making this come true? This is so fun, because this is literally my dream. Wish it was easier to achieve.

8. Bannon

Bannon Active Member
    Regular

Astronaut. I've always been fascinated by aerospace engineering and exploring the cosmos. So far, the only game that has come close to replicating that feel to me is Kerbal Space Program because of its close enough approximation of the real life physics behind rocketry and space travel.

9. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I had a dream job when I was working at a library for a brief period of time. Low stress, none of the toxic corporate bs and people are behaved. Flexible schedules too and union representation.

10. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

Aerospace Engineer designing new fighter jets, missiles, and defense systems for the military. Trying to make that reality :D

11. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Get paid while playing games. Of course it's not really unique job since people are already doing it on Twitch for example, but I'd really like to make some money out of playing games. I mean, what could be easier than that?

12. Feels Bard Man

Feels Bard Man Active Member
    Regular

I would second evelination on that. However, the realistic part of me find that this would most probably not happen. For one, I'm just slightly above average at my game of choice if I were to stream on Twitch (being Gold in League of Legends). It would be very, very hard to build a base of viewers if you do not have a presence in the esports scene .. not to mention that viewers would most probably find me boring to watch. All in all, working a minimum wage job might even be a better trade off of my time compared to trying to stream for a living instead of just doing it casually.

13. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Playing games for a living sounds nice in theory but in reality it's super competitive. Then there's personality to boot to keep watchers entertained and constantly keeping up with content. Honestly if you think of it that way, it's not that appealing at all. I'm an 8 hours of work and I'm having fun type of person. Besides there's only a small window of fame that you can milk for so long. After that window's up and done then there isn't really much room for flexibility. If you have that kind of work ethic to go above and beyond 8 hours a day to get it going and maintaining it then go for it, but if not then it's not worth it. Been there and done that a bit- not games per say but other avenues. It's not as easy as it sounds.

14. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

My dream job would be sitting at home, writing novels, and only mingling with public when I really needed to. Not really. I do want to write novels for a living, but real world stuff like a real job cuts into my writing time.

15. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Huh! My dream job, when I was a kid, was to be a cashier. You know, it's quite fun to play with that toy cash register and pretend to be the cashier. Lol.

As I grew older, I wanted to be a teacher. Then, a doctor and then, a pilot. I've never tried becoming one of these though. I graduated from a course far from such jobs.

However, I love my job now even though it was not the job I imagined myself doing.:)

16. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd say my dream job would be a video game producer / director / company owner.

17. HippyZomby

HippyZomby Member
    Regular

I would love to be a suicide hotline counselor. I love helping people going through rough times. I use to be a mentor in high school, other students would come to me and just talk and I was the shoulder they leaned on. I am currently working my way towards that goal. Just taking some time, I guess the way to look at it, take as much time as I need because I am building life experience to pass on to others.

18. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have been taking some game design classes at my university and I absolutely love it! I love working with more the coding aspect of the games as well as the story behind them more than anything. I coded most of the games that I made in my classes as well as did the work behind the scenes on establishing the story and putting together the levels.

But if that doesn't work out, I'd love to just code somewhere. Coding is what I love to do.

19. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08 Member
    Regular

I don't know what it would be. I know I need to work with people, work in a team, and that it has to have meaning to me. Whether that is a social worker or some type of humanities worker, I just don't know. And it would have to pay me a minimum of $40,000.

20. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

In addition to others I would like to be web designer, an internet guru able to design several great applications or software online. A big director, entrepreneur of great reputation.