What would be your favorite class or character in any MMO or RPG?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by Eric Berg, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Eric Berg

Eric Berg New Member

In star wars, the councilor is my favorite class. It is a powerful class with great versatility and power -ups! I have not played that many other RPG's, so let me know what your favorite is?

2. Sascha922

Sascha922 Member

My favorite class in any game is one that heals. There's something magical about being to keep an entire group of people alive. I think my cleric in Rift is one of the best healing classes I have played in any MMORPG though. Unlike most where it's cut and dry as to how you can heal, clerics offer a variety of ways. You can HoT heal, single target heal, heal through shielding and absorption and now heal through damaging enemies. It helps to ensure that you never really get bored of what you're doing because you can easily change it up. Each way has it's own perks and benefits to a group as well.

3. Astdua

Astdua Well-Known Member
    Regular

My favorite class or role in every MMO, and even in single-player games, has been glass-canon type casters such as mages, elementalists, sorcerers, whatever. I don't like plying dark magic type of things or healers, so I always look for something arcane, elemental, some fireball action and so on. I've found it fascinating how these type of casters can always be so determinal to game situations through good bursts of damage and control of the field, yet they are so squishy and hard to kill that you have to learn how to defend yourself and counter-attack properly, keep yourself in range and so on.

4. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

My favorite class or type are probably a warrior or knight class and a mage type. I like fighting with a character that isn't going to be too bulky but is still going to pack a punch. When it comes to magic, I sometimes like playing with a dark magic type character but sometimes that can take away from the experience for me, a sort of 'hero dabbling with evil spirits' type of feeling. So, with magic characters I'll probably skew towards light or green magics.

5. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

It really depends. In RPG such as Neverwinter Nights, I like to play as a multi-class warrior...or a tank type of fighter. To be more specific, I used Fighter + Weapon Master + Dwarf Defender + Rogue. My character would have extremely high AB and AC with lots of HP. I could solo in many cases and would not relay on buffs.

In MMORPGs, I generally prefer a ranged fighter. To be more specific, an archer. If there is the option to choose elf as race, I always prefer to be an elven archer. I used to play as an elven archer in Lineage 2. It's a grinding fest but with great PvP. Ranged classes had the advantage in PvP, although the advantage in PvP wasn't my original intent. I just thought it's cool and more efficient to be able to attack enemies from a distance.

6. sidd230

sidd230 Well-Known Member

I really like being a wizard or an alchemy expert. I usually don't like the look of armour and you see, wizards look weak in robes but are very, very dangerous. I like that style.

7. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love any class that has the ability to summon, like the necromancer from diablo 2. I love having an army of 50 minions do the dirty work for me.

8. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

I'm what most people would consider the "average" player. I tend to stay away from any of the exotic classes like necromancers, elementalists, etc. I seem to always stick with the warrior classes or similar classes no matter what MMO I play. It's like an old shoe, familiar and comfortable.

9. MonkeyKarl

MonkeyKarl Member

I'm usually going for "glass cannon" classes, like mages in WoW. Anything that's high damage and ranged, I'm probably rolling. I also have a fondness for pet classes.

10. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

I've always loved ranged classes and healers. In WoW at the moment my main is Mage and I'll probably stick with it for the expansion as well.
    Still for some of the new MMORPGs that are coming out I've been considering picking up melee class preferrably some assassin type. I love ranges, but I'd like a change of pace :)

11. alxsnow

alxsnow Active Member

An assassin type character is usually what I'll play. I like the mechanics of assassins and the fact that they usually scale in terms of pvp based on your skill level.

12. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

I like healing. It's fun, makes me feel important to the team, and generally puts me in high demand since everyone else seems to want to be DPS. Monking in Guild Wars 1 was the best healing experience I've ever had. It was so fast paced.

13. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

My first choice for any kind of game is always the melee class. Whenever I see a class that uses a sword, I'll choose it. Other than that is the ranger class, the ones that main bow and arrows. I dislike magic class I feel that it is overpowered.

14. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I love the multitasking ability that Red Mage from the FF series gives me. I can DPS or Heal and I think that's pretty sweet considering with the Black Mage Subjob I can do massive damage in the Spells Department or if I switch that to White Mage I can heal super efficiently. I love it.

15. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Overall I would say a 2 handed warrior they are usually the best for soloing in mmos in rpg's I go with your typical mage.

16. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always liked to play the warrior type on MMO's, you know the big guy with a sword going melee all the time? Yeah, that's probably me. :)

17. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I always like archers/rangers. I think it's harder trying to keep distance from an enemy instead of just raging in like melee characters. I also really like healers/priests because I get a great feeling when I save someones life just in time.

18. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

It really depends on the game and the style(pve or pvp), but often ranged is easier than melee in my opinion.

19. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

In pretty much every RPG (single player) I go with a sneaky character. Some sort of ranged assassin.

In MMO it's a bit different since most of the time stealth doesn't work and the class is weak in other ways. There I usually go with a big melee character capable of dealing a lot of damage.

20. Peanut

Peanut Member

I often play whatever the least common class is. I hate playing the flavor of the month. I generally pick a seemingly weak class and make it work. This is preferred when there are lots of skill customization so you can find unique ways to play heroes. But I like playing all the classes, I like seeing all of what the game has to offer.

Although........ at the end of the day, I prefer the Intelligence/Wisdom based classes. Classes that are skill-based and tricky to use correctly. I generally hate tanks. So boring.