what weapons do you want?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BORIS13, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

My god how many comments does this have any know the thread with the most ?

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Probably one of the older RP threads. ;)

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Check out the religion thread in General Discussion. I think that's the longest one there is on the whole forum.

4. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

The versatility of the Bastard? I love it and all but It's not versatile at all. There's no attachments (other than a suppressor), you can't fire in full auto for sustained amounts of time for fear of overheating and deteriorating accuracy. It's also got a slow reload if you reload before the clip's empty which could be a hassle if you need to reload before the next wave of muties :laugh:. I still love it though.

There needs to be more weapons like this that appear to be terrible at first but when you know how to use them they're the ultimate killing machine.

5. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely.

I am kinda disappointed everytime i look at the list of the confirmed guns in LL.

I mean, there should be way more pistols than rifles in the Metro, since they are the type of gun that is most spread among the average citizen.

I have already said it, but i would have liked to see the Makarov, the Tokarev and the Stechkin as pistols, the AKS-74U, the PPsh-41 and some kind of hunting rifle as long guns...
    too bad :/

6. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Try the count to 1000.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree with rolf about the pistols. Besides, it would make sense if there were more handguns in the metro than any other type of gun - easy to conceal & carry, easiest to find, cheaper & more common ammunition, short-to-medium range of fire (perfect for tunnel warfare as the low visibility would rarely allow for long range fights, except for battles on lit up stations).

8. [​IMG]

Check the gun laws of the country first. Russian Federation does not allow posession of handguns.

Most common would be the Saiga and the AK rifles.

9. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

i want a mg like the guards use the mounted one but 5.45mm and carryable like the heavy shotty from the ranger pack for the first game

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The standard issue weapon of the law enforcement in most countries is a pistol, and I'm positive that it is the same in Russia. I doubt that most of the weapons in the metro where previously owned by civilians and I'm sure many guns used would have been taken from military/police stocks primarily, hunting/private property weaponry secondarily. But yes, you're right about the AK and Saiga - they would still be very common, but I don't think that they would outnumber handguns. There are no gun regulations in the metro. ;)

11. VanillaToshi

^ You're not allowed to take your guns through some stations in the metro. For one of the stations that Artyom travels through with Bourbon at least. I'm pretty sure there's another place where you can't take your guns that Artyom goes through with that old man and the retarded child.

This list of weapons is what Wikipedia says the Russian Police use. I know for certain they use the AKS-74U and Makarov and i'm fairly certain some special units use the Mp443 although that might be in the military.

AKS-74
    AKS-74U
    AS Val
    OTs-14 Groza
    PP-19 Bizon
    9A-91 carbine
    A-91 rifle
    Makarov pistol
    Walther PPK
    Kiparis
    PP-91 "Cedar" submachine gun
    Saiga-12S shotgun
    MP-443 Grach pistol
    GSha-18 pistol
    BFR revolver

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The latter was a Fourth Reich station. :lol: Yeah, I remember that, but that's besides the point. I meant that there are no laws for it - so what if a number of stations ban carrying weaponry. :p

Btw, I thought the Pernach (pistol, not the mace) was quite popular among the Russian authorities/military, but I may be completely wrong because I don't live there.

13. stevetheranger

stevetheranger Well-Known Member

so no one wants a lmg like artyom has in the book

14. Law enforcement is most likely phased out by the military by 2013. Armed soldiers on the streets in the live-action trailer are kind of a dead giveaway.

He doesn't have one.

Which chapter in the book?

#154 Komodo Saurian, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
  15. VanillaToshi

I only see Russian police officers.

16. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

With Aks?

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, it makes sense that Moscow would be under martial law by then, considering the fact that it's the capital and a nuclear war is right around the corner.

18. VanillaToshi

Yes.

19. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

an AK, p90, corner shot, intervention and some other good guns

20. TheJollyRedRanger

TheJollyRedRanger Well-Known Member

WE MUST UNLEASH THE LURKERS ON THIS ONE! :mad: