What Was Your Play Style in Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by RedJacketMan, Aug 14, 2011.

1. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Im just curious how you guys played the game. Did you guys prefer the stealth route, or did you run and gun? What weapons did you choose?

I usually stayed with the stealth approach, using the VSV for stealth and the Volt Driver (Since I downloaded the Ranger Pack.) or a shotgun or something.

But what about you?

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

On easy i would run n' gun & spray n' pray. Now i discovered hardcore i take my time and use stealth tactics (my name is ghost warrior after all). VSV and the bb gun are awesome. I play metro for the immersion so i think it breaks the mood to have a homemade railgun.

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I take it slowly, but without stealth (except for the "Armory"). I usually mix pistol and machine-gun, though I did like the Hellsing. Ranger Mode is great, hope they incorporate it into the next one for free, though!

4. SwordBreaker

SwordBreaker Active Member

Firstly ghosting, then ironman in second run.

5. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

stealth is better maybe it takes too much time but you save ammo and medickits with hardcore

6. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

Take it slow making sure I pick up ethn of use and search all bodies and possible locations for filters, ammo etc. Haven't really took to the pneumatic weapons at all. Far prefer to use the conventional guns but always try and find ones that are silenced. Though the Nagant gun just doesnt sound as good with a suppressor.

7. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

i tried silent but constantly failed at it, which made me constantly shout "oh, come on!" or "you got to be kidding me!" when I got caught halfway through and I never got the hang of the Librarian Stare.

PS could maybe someone help me with that?

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Spray n' pray with the dshk shotgun.

9. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

The automatic-shotgun is cool as long as you got enough ammo. I think that next play-through, I am going to use only the revolver, shake things up a little.

10. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

The rules for dealing with a Librarian are as follows:

Step 1: when you see it, let it approach you. Do not run away, even backwards.
    Step 2: Look at it full-on, not out of the corner of your eye.
    Step 3: If it roars or shows aggression, slowly back away, trying to keep an open area behind you. It should stop near you, look at you for a few seconds, and then run off.

But usually, I just blow their heads off, since they have a tendency to sneak up behind you and kill you because "your back is turned on them".

One of the best/most reliable weapons in 2033 is the pistol. My brother played it with basically only that.

11. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

I take my time, and search for ammo. Otherwise it's sneaking + (when discovered) spray and pray xD

And the Librarians, are just a Pain in the Ass for me. They constantly jump away after some shots, and they can take ALOT of damage. xP

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I stayed with stealth as well. I used it pretty much wherever I could on my second playthrough (half the time on my first) on any hostile humans I came across. For mutants I just went run 'n' gun.

13. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

Pump 'n' run, Automatic shotgun, and ruuuuun for your life - Was mine tactic when I first played the game, now I just go stealh, slow but deadly death for all of the enemies muhehe.

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

About the Librarians.... I just bursted all I had on them, and when I had to reload, I just ran around in circles, jumping up and down while reloading before bursting another round and the same thing over and over, lol :D They're so slow anyway.. :p
    When co-operating with others, I just crouched in a corner to save health and ammo and rather just let them do their work xD

15. vapera

vapera Well-Known Member

i run and gun for most parts of the game, even on ranger hardcore.
    i stealthily approach, then i get into postion and unload my vsv on the enemies.

and as for the librarians i stare at them, when they lift their heads to eye you up.
    Boom i blast them in the head with the double barrel shotgun point blank range. if they dont die i whip out the pistol.

id say the game is pretty easy even on ranger hardcore, if i recall i only died 4 times in the whole campaign (1- because of a glitch where i got stuck on some rocks and i couldnt move so i commited suicide)
    i really hope they make metro last light harder difficulties more challenging.

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

I died thousand of times on easy............................ T_T

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Really? I died only a few times, most of them when I was trying to do some achievements. :p

18. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

stealth all the way :D

19. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

Try hardcore, 4 hours of playtime and I'm at market now...

Anyway, I don't have a Play style... That is what situation im in right now.

20. TrollofWar

TrollofWar Well-Known Member

I take the stealth route, as I do in pretty much any game which allows it. To me, it just seems more efficient and generally more plausible.

Plus, with the stealth features such as shooting out lights, it'd be a waste not to use them :p