What rating is best?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Bamul, Sep 30, 2011.

?

Out of 10, how would you rate Metro 2033?

1. 10 - Prime!

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. 9.5 - Incredible

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. 9.0 - Outstanding

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. 8.5 - Great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 8.0 - Impressive

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 7.5 - Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7.0 - Decent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 6.0 or 6.5 - Passable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 5.0 or 5.5 - Mediocre

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Below 5 - Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

What rating would you say suits Metro 2033 (the game) best (out of 10)? Please don't vote if you haven't completed the game at least once; preferably got both endings. But even if you got just one, you can still vote. Still please do not vote if you haven't finished the game yet - this would make the thread very unfair on the game. Also, one more thing: don't be afraid to give a 10/10 rating (I know I am). Perfection doesn't exist, therefore a 10 doesn't mean perfect but as close to perfection as a game could get for you alone and not others. ;)

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

This game is incredible, that's why I give it a 9.5 rating. I'd give it 10 if it wasn't for the facts about that there could be more options on what to do in different situations, and that some beasts can take unbelievably many shots to its head. Also focusing more on the ammo-hunting instead of the story. I had a little problems to tell the difference between characters from time to time and to follow up on the story itself, but I've only played the game once. I'm going to complete it one more time to get a better understanding of the story, and maybe attempt to get the secondary ending. The reason for why I gave it 9.5 instead of 10 doesn't have anything to do with my difficulities of understanding of the story. It's because of the lack of options. Still, though, one of the best games I've ever played.

3. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

I say 9.5 just because of the Game Mechanics; it's a little bit glitchy sometime, you can get stuck at certain mission. For i.e. when you'r supposed too leave Market to get up on the surface: If you just stay in the market and let Bourbon go, then the gates will close and you cannot get any further.
    Although a GREAT game with a GREAT story!

4. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

9.5 is the best choice!

5. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

10 for sure. I've played through the game about 7 times, now I'm playing it again :D lol.

Even when it was little bit short (playtime about 6 hours but to hell with it) it is my best game ever.

6. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

10: I don't often play games 5 times, and I rarely find new stuff which amazes me after the 3rd playthrough. But Metro 2033 always seems to have just that extra bit of detail, that extra dialogue, which makes it epic every time.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I completed the game 2 times (started 3rd playthrough recently) and according to Steam, I've played it for over 27 hours in total. I think it took me around 15 hours for my first playthrough - not that short (for an FPS) to be honest. :) But of course, Metro is more than just the ordinary FPS game. :D

8. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, Metro 2033 was certainly not your typical fps. For starters, the story was a major part of the game. The game focused more on the story than the actual gameplay, which is rare these days. Usually it's like: "Hey, we have awesome graphics, destructible environments, customizable characters... oh, and there's this thing, uh, yeah, a plot... or story... or something."

9. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i give it a 9.5 respectably :D

10. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

I give it a 9.0 because it's really a great game, but it had it flaws like bugs, enemy AI and the sometimes frustating stealth.

11. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

9.5 beause its good but had some flaws and bugs that i believe will be fixed in last light :)