What needed to be fixed in Metro 2033?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Luster, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

What needed to be fixed in Metro 2033? What was lacking? What didn't work out?

2. Cheaptrix

Cheaptrix Member

I found the stealth was way too touchy. For example if your throwing knife missed then instantly everyone in the level would know exactly where you where, and even if you relocated.

Shooting mechanics: Shooting a monster or human in the face sometimes wont kill them... on lower difficulties like normal or even hardore, took too many rounds to kill.(they fixed that in the DLC tho)

It was lacking additional exploration and OPTIONS, there was no options in Metro on how you wanted to go about taking on a situation. Stealth was only possible in two missions as I recall. (War, Blackstation)

The military ammo had to be saved until the end of the game to buy the kalash/w scope. So you couldn't really use it for most of the game. They need to work on that. I still like having dirty and military rounds tho, just needs a tweak.

Not enough monster variety. Character animations(specifically humans) were lacking and seemed very generic and simple.

Luckily these are exactly the things they are fixing in LL and I hope they do it right!:p

3. profx

profx Member

everything! lol jokes, like cheaptrix said, the stealth problems were very annoying

4. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

completely agree with you mate. I played on the console and also found switching to different weapons slow in the heat of a battle.

Also the menu hud system wasn't very good at times I did not know what type of bullet was in my weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=187sKBfyPNg

#4 majnu, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

also make allies more recognisable, in this scene for example who was gladamere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06o037v9Sds&feature=related

maybe a follow sign like in cod 4 should be used, what do you think?

also did everyone else find that you concentrated more on finding amo than the storyline itself? It was almost as the game became a treasure hunt.

#5 majnu, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  6. SerStalin

SerStalin Member

What? NO! Metro is about realism and immersion, and follow signs and markers crush both.

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Then at least make the characters more recognisable and give some interaction with Arytom so we know who we are meant to follow.

The scene in the video is 1 good example of what I mean.

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

So any developers like to comment on all these great points from the community?

9. SerStalin

SerStalin Member

Vladimir was very recognisable. You met him in the church on the surface, and on the train.

10. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think there should be more voice actors. Does anyone else think that too many of the characters sounded exactly alike.

11. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely (though the voice-acting was quite good). Only three things I can really think of which should be fixed: stealth, enemy AI (though it was alright), and maybe less human enemies. But maybe that's just me?

12. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Of course it was good! I just think too many of the characters gave me a deja vu feeling. Yeah I agree with your points.

13. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

I only had a problem with stealth and I really liked the librarians maybe make some sort of mutant that would have a unique way of avoiding combat with it.

14. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can recognize anyones voice without seen who he is with the russian version I dont know for others =/

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I've got the PC version and I have nothing to complain. :p Maybe if I had the console version, then I'd probably have a lot of issues with it. So I guess they should fix this: either get rid of the console ports entirely or make them equal to the PC version (as hard as that will be).