What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Rainbow Six Vegas 2. I completed this game a while ago on easy, but I want all the weapons and all the equippments, so I'm now completing it on the hardest difficulty. It ain't easy, but pretty fun, as it becomes a lot more realistic, and you'll use more strategic work. :)

2. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

started hitman absolution and running the benchmark I averaged 41fps in Ultra 4MSAA (gtx670 sli). The game has so much detail to render I'm not suprised. Now I know what to expect from Metro LL and that will have PhysX too. My GPU's gonna die lol

3. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Does Absolution Compare at all to Blood money? Does it play the same?

4. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I've never played previous hitman games, this is the first I've played based on the online videos. P.S with the updated NV drivers I'm now getting 56FPS.

5. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Digital Foundry posted their face-off today. Impressive.

6. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I used to love this game! Traded it in a while ago for a different game though.

The character customization was just badass with the choice between armour and speed etc. The fact you could take your single player character online was pretty awesome too.
    I liked all the weapons and the C4 on that game was particularly lethal, I used to stick it to doors and when I know enemies are behind it "BANG and the dirt is gone" - Barry Scott

7. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

All the Uncharted games on the PS3.These are the only games that can take me back to my old ps3 for awhile.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

So, I'm playing DayZ lately, yet again. There's another map for DayZ called Namalsk Island. It's smaller, and the terrain is more flat (Not so skew), and the mountains are much taller. There's less trees, and there's snow at some places. The place is cold, so getting sick is inevitable. Heat packs has for once finally gotten some good use. Without them, you'll probably either get discovered too often because of your coughing and eventually be killed because of that, or you'll very slowly die because of the cold.

For some reason, the zombies are having a harder time detecting you. It's much easier to sneak past them for some reason than on Chernarus. Also, the country is heavily plagued by an earlier war for the territory, so there's a lot of military camps, which means military loot. Also more vehicles, and more industrial areas which means more vehicle-parts. Crashed helicopters is also something you often find around the coastlines, as they only spawn at open areas, and the most open areas without trees, roads or buildings, is close to the coastline.

The only problem is that there is no official hive for Namalsk. This means that if you have a different character on every Namalsk server. "Why not just play on that one server then?". Well, night-time and day-time is a big issue. Playing at night in the game is just awful. Besides, servers always tends to be down the next day when you try to join again, and there goes your character. Nevertheless, as I said earlier, you can easily find military stuff. On Namalsk you can achieve in one day what would take you about four or five days or so on Chernarus.

So far, I've got one character with a Crossbow and revolver. One with a camouflaged M4 with red dot, an Assault pack (Biggest backpack in the game) stuffed with bunches on bunches of ammunition. And one character with Camo-clothing, a decent ammount of food, water and heatpacks, a revolver, and biggest of all: an M249 SAW! :D

9. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I'm loving Hitman Absolution so far, there are so many ways to approach a situation. I'm doing King of Chinatown contract for the third time as I want to build up my silent assassin acheivement, which is done by making the death of China towns King look like an accident.

:D

10. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

just started Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. first one of the series I'm playing. so far so good. the climbing mechanics remind me of Assassin's Creed, and the puzzles of the first three Resident Evil games.

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

These are the challenges just for second mission. :shocked:
    This game has lots of re-play value because of it and I can find myself going back to get them all. :)

I think stealth shooters have come a long way and we're seeing lots of them appear. Dishonored, Metro LL, etc.

02 The King of Chinatown - Hitman: Absolution wiki
    Chameleon - Collect the following Disguises: Chicago Police Officer, Market Vendor, Dealer, Chicago SWAT Officer

Evidence Collector - Collect the evidence.

Infiltrator - Complete the chapter without being spotted.

Suit Only - Complete the chapter without using a disguise.

Kaboom - Messy but effective. Kill the target with a remote explosive.

A Killing View - Target eliminated with a sniper rifle, from the dealer's apartment.

Controlled Detonation - Kill only the target. Use the remote explosive near the King's car to kill only him. The cop in the body dump will be unharmed.

Man Down - Kill the target by pushing him down a hole. The "hole" is the cargo floor opening near where the King eats his free poisoned sushi.

Drop Dead - Accidental kill by dropping the suspended cargo on the target. Do it where he stops to urinate by the level exit.

Two for the Price of One - Get the Kazo TRG sniper rifle from the dealer's apartment and kill both the dealer and the King in one shot.

Clean Sweep - Evidence recovered. 47 remains undetected.

Don't Do Drugs - Poison the target's drugs. Use the Fugu Fish and poison the stash in the dealer's apartment.

Hot Coffee Place - Fugu Fish poison into the King's coffee at the pagoda.

Let's Do Lunch - Place Fugu Fish poison in the King's sushi, near where you can push him down the cargo hole.

Master Poisoner - Complete Hot Coffee, Don't Do Drugs and Let's Do Lunch

Quid Pro Quo - Clear mission

Veiled Death Part 1 - Eliminate the target and dealer with a stealth-based point-shoot in the dealer’s apartment while wearing a policeman's uniform.

Veiled Death Part 2 - Eliminate the target in the dealer's disguise near where the King urinates by the exit.

12. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

My Bro just downloaded it, Played though to what like level 15? but yea, Bloody awesome game! Would Rekkomend! :D

13. VanillaToshi

Just completed the Dead Money DLC for Fallout: New Vegas on hardcore mode, difficulty normal.

Forgot how good the story actually is. The end slide would be quite touching if I was a woman.
    I also managed to escape with all of the gold :O I've heard you could do it but I did it by accident.

How I did it.
    I walked up to the shield that Elijah talks to you through and it when he activated the weapons it blasted me through it but I couldn't escape the vault because he was still alive on the other side of the shield (He exits it to go kill you) so I reloaded the save and placed frag mines where he walks out to and then let it blast me through again and he got killed when he walked through to go and get me.
    It's a shame I don't have the perk where you can fast travel when you're overencumbered. I have a long, long, long walk ahead of me. :'(

Edit: I have played through it before btw but not with all of the gold.

#153 VanillaToshi, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  14. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Deposit some in the bunker and take as many as you can to Gun Runners. Buy high-end weapons and ammunition once Vendotron runs out of caps, rinse and repeat.

15. VanillaToshi

I walked anyway, took me about 45 minutes.

I'm saving them until I get my Barter skill above 50 so that I can make the most of what they're worth. Otherwise they're only worth like something like 4000 caps each when they should be like 10,000 caps. Once I can trade them for what they're worth (almost) then I'll be looking at nearly 400,000 caps.

16. Teddy Picker

Nice! I didn't get nearly as much because of my poor barter skill at the time. But I got enough for some nice weapons, all the ammunition I could ever need, stimpaks, and caps to spare.

While we're on the topic of New Vegas, did anyone else have trouble locating radaways? I mean there weren't a lot of irradiated areas in New Vegas but still, there were hardly any radaways!

17. VanillaToshi

I wouldn't say I had trouble obtaining them but they're certainly few and far between if you don't purchase them.

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas?
    I liked the grittiness of FO3 but New Vegas has much better gameplay and there's a lot more content and things to do.

18. Teddy Picker

Oh definitely Fallout 3. You summed up my thoughts on the two games perfectly. Like you said, Fallout 3 is more gritty, and it looks the part, you know? I understand that House had a missile defense system for Las Vegas, but I still hate the absence of a gloomier New Vegas. The sky was blue, goddamn it!

19. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Words cannot explain how much time I've spent searching for a mod that made the sky more gloomy and eerie... New Vegas just didn't feel like a wasteland to me, ya know?

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

For me, New Vegas was awesome. It was the Fallout I wanted: gameplay and graphics of Fallout 3, everything else of Fallout 2 (factions, reputation system, more freedom & choices in dialogue, more open-ended formula, classic Fallout atmosphere, closer to the older setting, more humour like in the old ones etc.). Fallout 3 was a great game - it did what was needed to resurrect the series - but it wasn't really Fallout. Completely different setting, different atmosphere and took itself too seriously. Then New Vegas came along, utilized what Bethesda already made and gave us a buggier, fuller and more authentic Fallout experience that most fans have been waiting for. Still, Fallout 3 deserves plenty of credit for building those new foundations that allowed Obsidian to pick up where they left off back at Black Isle.