What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I'm playing The Godfather on PS2 until I get Xbox live back again, I forgot how good it was!

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

^ One of the first 360 games I got. I came in rather late at the next-gen party and after completing my very first 1000GS for Bioshock, I had bought a bunch of used games; The Godfather was one of them (the others being Condemned, Fear, Bully). Had tons of fun with it!

3. VanillaToshi

I've always wanted to get Bioshock but I still haven't played it 'til this day, it seems like everything I like in one game.

Ahh Bully, another classic :') Some PS2 games truly were amazing.

My favourites have to be the GTA games as well as Sniper Elite, Bully, The Godfather and the Conflict series.

4. cerberus

I thought the exact same thing when I first saw gameplay footage of the game and it was. It actually convinced me to buy an xbox 360 elite on launch, never regretted it and I still play Bioshock from start to finish regularly. Play it as soon as humanly possible, lad! By the way, an Ultimate Rapture Edition with Bioshock 1 & 2 + all DLC gets released soon, might keep an eye out for that one.

As much as I like the 360 version of Bully, I'd have to give the Wii version the nod. Runs very smoothly and the motion controls actually work.

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I'm playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 right now, it never gets old :3

6. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

It sucks that the future doesn't bode well for Battlefront 3, 2 was and still is such a great game!

I downloaded Dishonored the other night. While the graphics are sub-par, the game itself gets pretty amazing. Very Bioshock-esque in terms of gameplay.

7. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I'm a little frustrated considering its giant fan base and money-making potential. Silly LucasArts.

And I'm skeptical of 1313 (the upcoming game), it really doesn't look that special.

8. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

We talking about Starwars 1313?

Just looked it up, sound like the old Bounty Hunter game on PS2, but new...

Fuck that game was hard o_O

9. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I will never like 1313, because the main character of that, I think it was a bounty hunter, defeated Artyom in the MTV game character awards about half a year ago, and thus I will always despice him.

Quite a long sentence I made there.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Good ol' game, haha! :D
    I'll finally (One again) be joining a new HL2RP community in Garry's Mod and I'll be playing on their Resistance Roleplay server and their "Tiberium Wars" roleplay server. So far, it's looking pretty good compared to all the other communities I've experienced in Garry's Mod, in which all have always crashed and burned.

11. Krek Young

Krek Young Member

I really like to try a different game instead of PLaying Modern Warfare 3 or Metro 2033 (Don't get me wrong , i absolutely love the game). Anyone recommend something?

12. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

May I recommend the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-series? Great games, all of them , though I'd recommend starting with Clear Sky, the middle game. It doesn't make you give up due to bad graphics, nor are there any really big things that you wont understand because you didn't play the prequel.

13. cerberus

Given the two games you mentioned, I take it you like shooters. So my advice is to play something completely different for a while.

---

Today I thought I'd give Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (x360) another chance. Frankly, this is one hell of a terrible strategic shooter. From the shoddy Shaving Ryan's Privates cinematic style to the monotonously-spoken dialogues, sub-par audio mix, stiff movement and wooden animations. And even though I welcome the strategic approach with open arms, all of it is just so bloody repetitive and I got tired of having to endure the same scenario's over and over again. Incoming Nazis, surpressing fire, flank, elimination. There's nothing wrong with this except for the fact that it's so poorly executed and offers very little variation. It's like the developers expect me to have no recollection of what I was doing five minutes ago. I will see it through to the end, simply because I'm a tenacious fellow.

#73 cerberus, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
  14. VanillaToshi

The couple of games before were much better although it was the same sort of story, fire and maneuver, repeat.

Started playing Bully again today because you brought it up the other day. I'm glad you did.

15. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

Just bought Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, for the PSP. It is a remake of the original Rondo of Blood, and you can unlock the original game and a remake of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. God Dangit, it's hard xD

16. cerberus

Spec Ops: The Line

The first few chapters are a bit generic and the story builds up rather slowly but once you have reached Chapter 5... The madness begins... This is quite possibly the most mature shooter I have ever had the privilege to play.

Von Streff, I believe it was you who was on the fence about this one as well ? You can get off the fence now and go play this game as soon as humanly possible. The Cerberus has spoken.

17. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Alan Wake: American Nightmare

I loved Alan Wake so I hoped this expansion would be just as that, unfortunetaly it's a bit shallow compared to the original. I have played less than 1 hour and I can feel it won't last long anymore, the story is mysterious but also ridiculous and worst of all: I can't find those bloody pages. In the original I collected about 80 of the 100 pages and now I have 15 out of 40 pages. I want them so badly because they make the story better and you get to know more details.

18. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed it, basically because it takes place in the Netherlands (I'm Dutch) and I haven't seen that before in a WWII shooter.

19. cerberus

I highly doubt the Netherlands have never been the main setting of a WWII video game prior to Hell's Highway but I could of course be wrong as I'm not a connoisseur of the genre... Either way, I have since completed the game and I still stand by my original impressions. However! The story got very, very interesting halfway through the game (rescuing Pieter, the hospital, the burning windmill, etc.), it kept me going and I'm even attempting a second playthrough on Authentic difficulty so I guess the game isn't all that bad.

#79 cerberus, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2012
  20. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

What put me off of it was the fact that you constantly had to return to places you had just been to help them fend off from the zombies. It made it hard to do anything but go from place to place and fend them off. This suffocated the free roam ability for me, because I was always making the same trek back and forth. Besides that, I enjoyed the gameplay.