What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Just started to play Stalker CoP with the Misery mod and Mass Effect 2 again

2. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Whoa, that Misery Mod looks pretty good eh?

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Currently, I'm on DayZ and Red Orchestra 2. I really like DayZ, and consider it a kind of Minecraft to the shooter-genre. Red Orchestra 2 is also kind of good, but I'm really looking forward to play as the soviets compared to the nazis, that I play as at the moment.

4. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Indeed it does and hopefully it will be even better at the end of the month when Misery 2.0 is released.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'll be playing I Am Alive today! :D

6. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Actually, one of this gen's absolute worst shooters also happens to have one of the best and most mature stories ever put into a video game. Kane & Lynch: Dead Men.
    Shame it shifted from a retail release to digital-only bollocks.

7. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I will be playing a little bit of Borderlands 2 today, (for the PC)

8. Wolve_NZ

I do gotta say, that Borderlands 2 looks very strange, I searched for screenshots one time and I was amazed at the style of the game

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

^This.

This evening I played online Hidden Source with my bud. It's a new mod for HL2. 'Twas awesome, but awful to play as a newbie, as I in the beginning had no idea what to do and how to do it.

10. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

That mod is super old, I started playing it in the beginning of high school, (2005). Nevertheless, it is an amazing game, a lot like the first Predator film. I loved playing as the Hidden, and playing it at night when you're a member of the squad can be nerve-racking/scary!

11. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is my only Red Orchestra experience. lol
    [YOUTUBE]t-if4t5bPZw[/YOUTUBE]

12. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

13. Wolve_NZ

14. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I'd love to have a civil war game, or musket game. I don't want any rts I mean a 3rd person shooter or a fps musket game.

Also you guys should try Face of Mankind. Fun mmo. Constantly changing world and everything. A little hard to get into but you should try it. When you do join right away join the law enforcement department since they can train you better. Don't join mercs right away.

15. cerberus

Thought I'd give QTE: The Game (aka Heavy Rain) another chance. Still a load of laughable pretentious wank. I much prefer The Taxidermist Chronicle that came with the limited edition. Short but very sweet and above all, very creepy!

16. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

History Channel: Civil War for PS2

Apparently it's quite realistic...

17. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Played civil war: a nation divided on PC years ago. And I loved it. Especially the first mission.

18. cerberus

It's an odd thing really. When I am just in the mood for a bit of pointless online shooting, one of my most hated games this gen still manages to make me come back for more with its multiplayer offering. I am talking about the steaming pile of spin-off bile that is Bioshock 2. Initially, I was firmly against the inclusion of a multiplayer in a Bioshock game - much like Metro Last Light - as it was my opinion that it would only dumb down the overal tone of the game. I was proven wrong because, as it turned out, B2's main story was about as weak and dumb as spin-off stories come and its sole redeeming qualities were the story-driven Fall of Rapture multiplayer and the masterful Minerva's Den single player add-on (which I consider to be the "real" Bioshock sequel).
    Anyway, I've been playing the multiplayer since day one and simply can't get enough of the dual-wielding plasmid/firearm dynamic. The maps are very well designed and quite atmospheric. I am aware that it's basically throwaway entertainment because the developers didn't bother to include an offline mode with bots, so I'm enjoying it while I still can...

19. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

Doing both Black mesa source, Half life 2 ep 1 and 2, portal 1, some source mods like the hidden and some others, men of war assualt squad GEM editor aha, Waiting for rome total war.... oh and medieveal total war 2 kingdoms campaigns since i only just got that on sale for steam! :D

20. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

Mount and blade warband Napoleonic wars?