Weapon Drops

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by DarkOne, May 12, 2013.

1. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

From the gameplay videos i've seen it looks like most of the weapons the player picks up has a scope or the like. I hope that's not the case since in 2033 it made sense that most weapons you picked up from dead bodies were the standard weapon and once in a while you'd pick up was a fancy one with a scope or silencer.

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

As i have said we must rerember D6 was a Death-fortruss filled with guns and tanks etc. so really it wouldn't make sense for Example "the fourth reich" if they continued to use their old weapons

3. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

That does make sense thanks.

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hey its only a theroy ;)

5. I don't really care about weapon drops so I probably won't be picking anything up. I'll be stuck with two weapon slots anyway.

6. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Some tech made it out of D6 in the time between Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light. Not all Rangers can be trusted, and sometimes they like some extra MGRs for earthly pleasures. Mmm ratburgers.

So sometimes you may find weapons with certain attachments, like a scope or a stock. In general you'll be tweaking your weapons at merchants, though.

7. antonk999

antonk999 Active Member

3 weapon slots, actually.

And in places where you have access to a trader and a combat area, you can pick up the dropped weapons, run back to the trader, and sell them.

For example, in "Bandits", you meet the stranded caravan where you can buy some ammo and weapons. This is a level where the trader and combat areas are not separated by any locking doors or one-way doors.

1.) Load up on ammo from the caravan.
    2.) Go forward into the tunnel with the torches & skulls, kill the bandits.
    3.) Pick up the bandits' weapons - remember where they were so you can retrieve your GOOD weapons!
    4.) Ride the trolley back to the caravan and sell the picked up weapons.
    5.) Rinse, repeat until you've sold all the bandits' weapons.
    6.) Go back to the bandit corpses and pick up your good weapons.

I've made about 250 MGR that way, in under 10 minutes.

8. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

two actually. if you play ranger

9. antonk999

antonk999 Active Member

Ah. On the PS3, the Ranger Difficulty is an extra $ 4.99 DLC.

I have a feeling I'll be torrenting MLL for the PC pretty soon...

10. Apathy4Marmite

Seems like an outrageous amount of hassle to go through considering the abundance of regular ammo and that there really doesn't seem to be much worth spending match grade rounds on.

Then again I am a big fan of throwing knives so I'm always pretty stocked up on ammo.

11. Explodotron

Explodotron Member

Why would you post on a forum that is frequented both by fans and game staff, and then go on and admit that you'll basically be stealing the game?

I'm not going to get into a debate about the affect of piracy on the game industry, but this isn't cool.

12. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It baffles me how people are willing to pay 20 to 40 bucks for a couple of crappy multiplayer maps and skins for Call of Duty ,but are too cheap to pay 5 bucks for the Ranger Hardcore DLC.
    And even if you don't agree with that torrenting the game is the worst you can do to a small company like 4A.

13. antonk999

antonk999 Active Member

Meh, it was only about 10 minutes, 2 runs back & forth, on the trolley, and I'm set up with ammo & scopes etc, for the rest of the game ;)

14. antonk999

antonk999 Active Member

I already bought it for the PS3, so there's my $ 60 contribution. Can't take screenshots, can't explore things with noclip, and can't do a few other things though, like you can on the PC.

15. Explodotron

Explodotron Member

Were you expecting to do all of this in a console version? Why should 4A suffer because you made an uninformed purchase?

If I buy a car and end up being unimpressed with the features, that doesn't mean I get to take another one off the lot.

16. So much for "just put in a disc an play" and "not paying $1000 every five minutes for upgrades", huh? ;)