Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Von Streff, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

[YOUTUBE]Hm9FK-7A1IU[/YOUTUBE]

This game looks very good indeed.

2. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Yeah, was amazed when i saw it on E3, looks fantastic.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Looks a lot like GTA IV :p

4. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Game looks VERY cool. Grabbing this one for sure.

5. Trailers always lie.

6. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

but do gameplay trailers always lie?

7. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

That was one game I noticed on E3, the other was The Last of Us.

Other than that the person who played Crysis 3 made it look worse than anything I've ever seen.

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, so this game is finally up for pre-order in steam, coming out 27th May 2014. I'm interested in knowing if anyone of you know if the Deluxe edition is worth the extra 10 euros? I've checked the system requirements for the game. According to CanYouRunIt.com, my video card is too outdated for the minimum requirements, but when I checked Last Light's requirements on that page, all my specs were too bad for the minimum, but I could still run it decently. So now I'm wondering if any of you know if I'll be able to run it or not?
    [​IMG]

9. Well, most of your hardware passes and Radeon 4800 supports DX10, so you'll be able to run it unless they pull a DX11 only B.S. like they did with Halo 2.

10. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Your GPU is definitely the weakest link in your build, though the fact that an Iris Pro 5200 is on that list would indicate that you might be able to pull it off. No clue why yours wouldn't meet the minimum requirements for Last Light, since the actual minimum requirements to get playable frames at the lowest settings is an HD4k (which I have in my laptop).

The game is also coming out for Xbox 360 and PS3, so I'm sure they'd include DX9 settings at least.

Exactly what card is it? I have an HD 4830 in my older gaming rig, and I plan on getting the game for PC when it comes out. If you're willing to wait a bit, I could pop it in my current machine (old one has a pretty slow CPU for today's standards) and see what settings I can pull off, if you'd like.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

That'd be awesome, but I'm pre-ordering the game never the less. Thanks anyway. Also, doesn't it say in the picture I posted that I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series? :p

Also, thank you Komodo. What I am afraid of, is that they'll pull a DirectX11-only. Star Citizen, coming out in 2015 (I believe), will have that limitation as far as I know. Well, I guess the odds of Watch Dogs not supporting DirectX10 are slim :noidea:

12. Potarto

There are five cards in the HD 4800 series, ranging from the entry-level 4830 ( with a Passmark benchmark score of 950) to the 4890 (with a Passmark benchmark score of 1513).

And worst case scenario, you'd be stuck with DX9. (though I don't know much about DX10 support in PC games, since I believe the majority of users stick with either 9 or 11)

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ah, I understand, sorry!
    Well, I honestly don't know how to check what kind of graphics card it is, other than having to pull out my PC and opening it up :p

14. Potarto

There are actually tons of different programs out there to tell what GPU that you have. First off, if you have a dedicated AMD driver software like AMD Catalyst, I'd check that to see if it helps.

I believe that HWMonitor should actually tell the exact model of card while also being resource-light and having multiple other useful features.

AMD's Driver Autodetect says that it should do so.

And one last program that I know for sure will identify it is Passmark's Benchmarking Software, which has a 30-day trial. In the initial 3d view while it initializes, clicking on the graphics card should tell you the exact model.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Thanks a lot, but that seems like a lot of fuzz over something not-so-important, if you ask me ._.

16. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

You underestimate the difference between a Radeon 4810 and a 4890. It is very important. 4810: 508 G3D
    4890: 1513 G3D score
    Besides checking this takes like 40 seconds ;)

17. Potarto

I didn't realize there was a 4810 but yeah, it's always nice to know the hardware in your system.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

[​IMG]

#18 Skaara Dreadlocks, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
  19. Potarto

Well if he doesn't have the time to quickly rescale a (or find a better) photo of Vader, then he obviously is too busy to figure out whether or not he'll be able to easily play a game that he's looking forward to. :p

20. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm a very busy man, okay?!?!?
    And yes, I like to call myself a man even though I'm just a boy.
    And I edited the picture :rolleyes: