Upgrading Elder Scrolls Online to Elder Scrolls Series

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by Sarleons, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Sarleons

Sarleons Member

Since Elder Scrolls had been converted to Elder Scrolls Online lots of features had been deducted and are still missing in the online version. Therefore could you explain the most important features that you would like to see in ESO from ES series?

2. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

The standard class system. Although similar, ESO has a bit of a different system going on and I've grown accustomed to the same system with minor tweaks in each sequel.

3. Khatib22

Khatib22 Active Member

I'm with you on this one. The standard class system was much better because it allowed you really customize how you looked and fought from the ground up rather than trying to manipulate a "create-a-class" system to get what you want.

4. Sarleons

Sarleons Member

Well, I strongly agree that the standard class system was much more better that the current online class system because although the latter has richer and various features it doesn’t allow a single character to benefit from all of that features thus making the usage of skills somehow limited moreover the requirement of skill points to unlocked each skill adds another layer to restrict the freedom of character progress.

5. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree, but isn't this a must for an online game, to encourage different players to create different types of characters that are complimentary to each other? If every single player was an "universal soldier", that would simply ravage the idea of teamplay. Customization is a welcomed feature, but roles are very important in an MMORPG games.

6. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

It certainly isn't a must. And I suppose that the fact they made an MMO would suggest that they were trying to branch out to a larger audience than just their then-current fan base. I get why they changed things up and I'd probably do the same thing, I'm just stuck in my old ways I suppose.

7. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

Something similar to WoW. I hate to compare it, however, I'd like ESO to take some of the best features from WoW and apply them, like group finder, for example.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

True, but it is an Elder Scroll game, which is known for letting players create characters to match what they want to play as and not what would be best to complete the game. Hell, that's what made me get into the series to begin with. If you take it away, there's really nothing setting it apart from other MMORPG games except for story lore,