Tower Pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Rivitur, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Yeah, activate a Komo AI for 100 MGR.

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Oh jeez i only have 80 :(

3. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Lol Komo is that the world PC leaderboards?

4. I assume so, why?

5. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

You would be top in the world.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Is it only me, or does anyone else also lag immensely when the battle with the humans start?
    I mean, I could run the first part of the mission 100% smoothly on Very High graphics setting, then the war started and I lagged almost as much on Low as I did on Very High. Like 5FPS or less...

7. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Maybe get one of those things that tells you what load each component has. Sounds like a CPU bottleneck to me, although that's just my guess. Were you able to do the Nazi shooting section from the first DLC?

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

-Honestly- I haven't tried to play the main game or the previous DLC on the new PC hardware.
    But on my old PC hardware, I did, and it all worked perfectly, except the latest DLC who lagged like shiiiii. So I'm assuming it's the same way with the new hardware, 'cause this hardware is -a lot- better than my old..

9. someguy_123

someguy_123 Member

Honestly, I thought the Tower pack was my favorite part of Metro Last Light. I played it heavily with a PS style controller and its design was genius, and challenging. It brought me back to the classic shooters like golden eye N64, when a game was a "game" and not a movie where your expected to make in at most 2 tries. It allowed me to fully experience the amazing combat that was so underused in Metro Last Light. This game did gun play and battle in general better than ANY fps game I've played, Yet uses it the least. I've said it a thousand times. the worst thing they did was making enemies die easier on Harder modes, shooting in this game was so good.

I also wish they'd worked the DLC into the campaign. The Tower Packs could have been used like boss battles, with the option to fall back early with consequences, like lost moral points.

The 3rd level of the Tower pack could have been a defense of refugees evacuating Hanza. The 4th level of Tower pack could have been slipped into the defense of D6, ( as with the Heavy reich mission. )

Efficient use of the Heavy weapons and ammo provided against the red horde in D6 could have allowed you the option to proceed to the surface and make a spoiling attack against the reds, Bam! You just worked in the Arena battle.

For clarity about the Arena battle comment. You know how the Arena required you to use more powerful loadouts if you wanted to survive the harder challenges? And you know how the D6 defense missions gave you those weapons but you needed to use them up to hold off the horde?

Well imagine this. If you'd used the weapons efficiently (doing so would be a challenge, challenges that grant new options or quests in games are good) and if manage to survive the onslaught, then you might use whats left of the big guns and brave a spoiling attack on the surface, setting the stage for the Arena battle to incorporate into the game. If not, then fall back and defend the way to the command room ( Tower pack Level 4)

#49 someguy_123, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014