Too Many Bullets

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Ultimate_Hobo, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Ultimate_Hobo

Ultimate_Hobo Member

Hi, this is my first post so i apologise if i mess something up.

I found that bullets were far too common in the metro even on ranger hardcore. I always found that i had hundreds of bullets for everyting exept the hellsing and thiar (only because i used it). I never sold or bought bullets because i didn't need to towards the end i even started to use the military grade money bullets because i just had so many.

I think that there should still be a mode with a lot of bullets for these who like to spray or just to have fun but ranger hardcore at least should have a lot less.

2. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Welcome!

And about the too many bullets, meh, I do not agree.
    Don't forget how economical we become when it comes to bullets, you always try to avoid shooting and instead use knifes you always try to find bullets in hidden places... etc... if you wouldn't be doing all that I dont think that you would have too many bullets.

Edit: here some of forums bullets only for you by me <3 full homo! jk xD

3. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey there!

Am,we'd better leave them work on Last Light!

4. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

i agree with nod

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I disagree with Nod. On Ranger Hardcore, I use throwing knives only at Lost Tunnels and the Tihar/silenced Bastard everywhere else, and I can end up with 500+ MGR along with 80+ arrows, and hundreds of the other ammo types.

6. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

I guess it all depends on the play style and weapons choices

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, same here. I don't really use throwing knives, but I still have a ridiculous amount of ammo...

8. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Yep. There is plenty of ammo in the game to be found and spent. I always have plenty of rounds at the end of a playthrough.

People in the metro should know to scavenge the environment and spend each and every bullet wisely to survive.

9. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

It depends on play style etc. but towards the end of the game any MGR you find add a LOT to the total amount I'm sure i've picked up a clip of MGR and got like 14 bullets, you can spend nearly all of your bullets at Polis and then still have like 300 MGR on the tower level. (if you don't often use the MGR that is)

I never use Artyoms knife either and throwing knives only if I wish to be stealthy.

#9 VanillaToshi, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
  10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

If you look at the 12min trailer there are a LOT of cretures and really big things too soak up your bullets so haveing too many should not be a problem

11. Zer0

Zer0 Member

I really liked the whole idea about bullets being main currency, I kept mine, to buy good weapons.

12. smnknc

smnknc Member
    Regular

If I care to look for all the hidden places I think I deserve lots of ammo and to have freedom to shoot them as I want.

13. TotalAaron

i would save up maybe 30 and use em in about 5 seconds by accendent damn R key :laugh:

14. EbonHawk269

EbonHawk269 Member

That's why I like separate keys for different functions. Make it where you can select certain functions for single-key functions for those who like them, but for me, I prefer s-e-p-a-r-a-t-e keys. It's not that hard to code, seriously. And then I won't mess up and use a feature with one key that I've forgotten is on the same key. The hold-down time is about .3ms longer than what I would hit the R key for reload, so many times, during intense firefights, I'd shoot off most of my mgr's in just a few seconds. Stupid design decision.:derp:

15. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I do agree with OP. Ammo is way too common, I almost always seem to be right at the ammo cap. I really do think they should decrease the amount of ammo in the game and raise or remove the ammo cap like in 2033, to reward scavenging a bit more.

16. " No Rokko...you can't."

I'll put in my two bullets on this topic too. At the time of this posting, I'm at the Swamp ( Ranger HC ) - haven't had to buy anything - weapons, upgrades, supplies, etc. and I'm just selling all the extra ammo I don't need. Bullets are more than plentiful if you don't have the need to buy stuff. No difference either way. Oh, but I did tip my hooker though ! :)

17. Xx7H3G4M3RxX

Xx7H3G4M3RxX New Member

18. Xx7H3G4M3RxX

Xx7H3G4M3RxX New Member

i did not have very many bullets on Ranger diff even i had to kill just a few bad guys

19. Dudebot121256

Dudebot121256 Member

Depending on how I play, I end up with an assortment of bullets. I've had playthroughs where I've hoarded all ammo and ended up finishing with 1000+ bullets and I've had others where I'm poor and can't even afford a laser sight (15 MGR) ^_^

20. TotalAaron

then dont complain that is the point of this mode :rolleyes: