They should make artyom talk

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Greywolf997, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member

I believe they should make him talk, would be really nice. Especially if you play through the game with the original Russian Dialogue, with English subtitles.

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

The russian voice actor must be god. His voice is like dope for the ears.

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Name change, Ghost? Anyway: I think Artyom should stay pretty quiet, just talk in one or two cutscenes, but never see his face.

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Agreed, his face is an enigma not meant to be solved. And yes, name change!

5. gaiusimperator

I liked Artyom being like Gordon Freeman, I could voice him in my own way, the game didn't interrupt me. I talked as if I was Artyom throughout the entire game, and I felt that that was the way to play it.

6. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

I agree. He shud remain a mystery and be a open frontier for the imagination.

7. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

The point of silent protagonists is to make em more like you, they are trying to put you in his shoes and make decisions depending on your morality, besides the misery adds up even more which is cool :D

8. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

u get to imagine and create their character and personalities. i think its a great idea :D

9. I'd hate that. I like the way M2033 works around Artyom's silent personality: Making us read his memoires in his voice.

10. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Well if i remember Dead Space 1 correctly Isaac said like 2 words in the game where after killing the Hive Mind the scene where he is trying to get to the suttle and hard knocks at locked doors he says: "COME ON!" or something like that. But yeah i dont really like how Isaack talked in the Dead Space 2, its not bad but in some places it ruins the atmosphere. Playing Metro 2033 i only heard that F word not more, well for me it was enought i think, because making to talkative characters in his type of games are really uniceserry in my opinion. But i played the BiA (Brothers in Arms) series wich i really liked. It is like WW2 based game where you get the oportunity to give comands to your squad mates. But they are gonna ruin the series with that Ignorant Bastards anime game,and for Dead Space 3 it is comfirmed that Isaack now will play in some sort of squad to wich ruins the horror element in my opinion and the will fight not only mutans but the humans as well ( i think mostly the Eath Gov forces). I really hope they are going to change that :tsk:

11. JohnV1208

JohnV1208 Active Member

I think the same.

12. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

Lol those NO!!! scenes were a nosalies would jump over you and you need to Tap E to escape their hold. :D

13. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

In my current playthrough (I'm at Sparta right now) I've heard Artyom talking more than once. In Dead City 1, when the demon appears and Bourbon tells him to hide, he goes 'what the hell?'. I'm doing the run on Ranger Hardcore, but I thought it was just on that difficulty, so I decided to replay the level on every difficulty, and he still says that.

14. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

Artyom only speaks in loading screens

15. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

No, Odessa is correct, it's incredibly hard to hear though. Pump up the volume, when you first encounter the demon on Dead City 1 (before Bourbon shouts "hide kid!") Artyom will mutter "...what the hell?" after the demon roars.

16. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

I actually played through Dead Space 1&2 and thought 2 was a vast improvement over the first.
    I enjoyed DS 2 so much I would even go so far as to put it on my top 10 fav games of all time :pop2:

17. Mr_Streaker69

Mr_Streaker69 Active Member

I thought Dead Space 2 was too gory. I didn't mind it, I just thought it was really excessive.

Good game though. Cool at the end

18. GloomyOrchid

GloomyOrchid Member

Like i said in another post. i actually like his voice. :)

19. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I like his voice, it sounds like he's sad all of the time (which he is :p) and it really suits the theme of the game. His Russian voice sounds a bit deep though for how I imagine him to be.

20. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

i think it just adds to the enjoyment