They should make artyom talk

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Greywolf997, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Greywolf997

Greywolf997 Well-Known Member

They should make artyom talk instead of making him talk while a level is loading

2. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

and again mate we already have a thread for this.

3. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

Force Artyom to talk :)D) and make better mind for NPCs.

4. vapera

vapera Well-Known Member

Artyom sounded weird in the english version, more specifically his grunts

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

I honestly totally loved the dull and lame voice in the english version, along with the russian accent. I think it just fitted so perfectly to the apocalyptic itself.
    If I remember correctly, I think it was Bamul that said something in particular with the fact that you're meant to feel like you are artyom, not that you're just controlling Artyom's moves. I agree with this, and adding his voice into the "diary-part" showed us a little side of him, which I think also fitted very well.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

He sounds much better in the Russian original. :p And I agree, they should give him a voice in Last Light.

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think his voice was pretty good, very melancholic, but also emotional. And he did speak during the game, just one word: when the railcar flips and he falls off, he almost gets crushed, and he mumbles "F**k!" :)

8. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

haha its kinda wierd, in the russian version he still says F**K. however f**k isnt a word in the russian language :\

9. Von Streff

Regular

Oh, well, guess it's just my mind inputting swearing whre there is only a garbled sound. :) Yeah, guess that one word of in-game dialogue was a little too much to hope for? Ha ha ha!

10. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

"f*ck" is known everywhere,not ch**rt tho :p xD

11. BORIS13

well in russian its very rare to hear the f word

12. Von Streff

Regular

That's actually kinda nice, considering the ridiculous amount of swearing in American/Western "entertainment". It's not really necessary, and makes it irritating when trying to enjoy a game/movie. Sure, it might add a little character, but sometimes it's truly overdone. :/

13. BORIS13

yeah i agree with that. to be honest russia has a lot of "bad" words but theyre mostly like damn it, or shoot, or crap. out of like 400 words we only have 5 truly swear words like the f word and the bi**h word etc. :p

14. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

I think it will be like DEAD SPACE. In first game not a single world (all right one Artyom said fuck :D ) and in second game not stopped mouth... :D

15. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, that kinda turned me off Dead Space 2 (that, and the stupidly ridiculous amount of gore and shooting babies. Why? Why do they think gore is scary?)

16. BORIS13

it depends on waht kind of gore. like for example blood splashing everwhere is gory. but one or two scenes with someone slowly and painfully getting his head ripped off is scary.....u know what i mean guys?

17. Von Streff

Regular

Well, I don't know if it's scary, disturbing maybe. But having limbs flying everywhere and blood on every possible surface just seems stupid. I mean, People only have 5-6 litres of blood in them. That isn't all that much. :/

This thread has gone slightly off-topic. :)

18. BORIS13

ya haha. but i dont mean like limbs flying off and stuff, i understand that the human body isnt a tomato so its not that easy to rip something off. its actually probably really tough to stab some one :|

19. Von Streff

Regular

There goes me dinner. :p Just kidding. Sooooo...

Should Artyom talk? No, keep it as it was in 2033. He's pretty silent in the book, anyway. :)

20. Deimos

Deimos Well-Known Member

He actually does says some words in the playtime, the first was when Hunter was at the gate, when you get a moral point he says "What the hell?"... Or when you are taking the caravan to the Riga Station, he falls from the cart because of the nosalise and then he yells "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"... And when the Pavel is killed (he blew yourself up...) and artyom is going down with the railcart fast like wind, the cart is falling on him and the painly says "Fuuck.." and then the railcart falls on him..
    He says more stuff in the game, but these are those that I remember the best.