The worst games you have played this gen...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Oct 14, 2012.

1. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

I thought MW3 was good as well, well i mainly played online ;)

2. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Bf3 wasnt rushed but it was forced to be similar to cod. It begane on the pc and then was moved to console which is why its got that annoying blue filter. It also was supposed to have huge maps but ea stopped that.it also was delayed and has since the patch been even stupider. Cod fans ruin it and the dlc isn't as good as 2142.
    The maps feel lazy and rushed. And the stupid vehicles are op now. Vehicle warfare suckz now. And there are no memorable maps unlike bf2 or 2142. And suppression has ruined infentry.
    And list just goes on and on. Oh god I feel like cerebus

Sent from phone

3. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Much obliged! I take this as a compliment, really. Helping others vent their anger about unenjoyable moments in gaming is the whole point of this thread!

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't play disappointing games, I carefully select them.

5. cerberus

C'mon, you can never know how phenomenal or rubbish a game is until you've played it. Unless the demo is a perfect representation of what the full game has to offer.

6. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

Jurassic Park, AvP i dont remember any others/

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

I haven't bought a game in Steam that I dislike. Amnesia, well, it's not awful, it's just awfully frightening. So awfully frightenting that I only played half an hour before I gave it up for good.

BUT I do still have my many years old Xbox with over twenty games. Spyro, never liked it. Some random football-game. Some NHL game. Dakar2, Burnout Revenge, Wreckless. Lots of games that looked good on the cover, but were simply just horrible.

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

9. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Lulz, i'm sorry for you,cerberus, looks like you played a lot of games which you haven't quite enjoyed.

And about me,although i have said that i like all the games that i have, i have to admit that i really have a problem with HOMEFRONT.
    Man,that game's SP was so bad...clichè all the way!
    Badass Guy, Computer Guy , Intelligent Girl + the Player versus the Evil Communists.

Full of American cliches...every damn mission was just like the previous one!
    The campaign also had only 6 missions....i wouldn't even call it a campaign.

The Multiplayer is fine,but i'm not very keen of MPs usually,so...

10. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I gave this back to my brother after ten minutes. I'm not American, and feel no allegiance to their cause. Seriously.... -_-

11. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

yeah HOMEFRONT, i was gonna mention that one! Scripted by the guy who did 'Red Dawn', and it doesn't look like he's had another idea in years.. A great opening sequence, but its goes so rapidly downhill from there. The truly terrible storyline - why didn't North Korea just nuke them? Characters you just couldn't care less about, but couldn't shoot... Why so highly trained and heavily armed when they're civilians? In the more rural areas of the US maybe, in the inner cities maybe, but in suburbia? The resistance hideout that the North Koreans couldnt find because it was covered with camouflage netting... That it was also supposed to be self sufficient but only had a tiny garden...The bit where you return to the resistance hideout to find everyone dead that just made me think "what did you expect? it was only hidden by a camouflage net"... The home built remote control 6 wheel drive thing that had an endless supply of missiles that were capable of locking on to a target (What? Where the fook did they come from?) The invading north korean soldiers that for some reason wore bright red and white armour (no camo???) AAARGH!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    It really was just terrible.. Although the multi-player wasn't too bad!

So how can we top that for a terrible game? Two words: ROGUE WARRIOR

12. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Homefront, dam, forgot that was a game and not a horrible peice of Overhyped crap, the MP was Decent at best as well

13. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

slender was so over hyped /:

14. cerberus

Time to add Aliens: Colonial Marines to my list.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

You've already played it? Was it that bad, really?
    I just saw a news-report in steam advertising that Aliens: Colonial Marines is now available for 49,99£.
    At first I was rather interested, but then I eventually realized "No Predators. Gtfo" :D

16. cerberus

17. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

"Alpha protocol"

No... Just, No

18. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I don't see the problem with Homefront, it was an adequate game, it wasn't anything special and personally I think it should of played on the hiding from the Korean army instead of being, as usual in fps' a super soldier.

Worst game: Sniper Ghost Warrior, that was bugged beyond repair and how can I not hit a man from 600 metres away with a sniper rifle but they can hip fire kill me from the same distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Just messed around with the free-to-play Star Wars: The Old Republic. Let me start off by stating that the "space combat" is a tacky add-on, and Bioware knows it. They just don't want to devote the time and effort into making something as diesel as Jump to Lightspeed was. Without space flight, space pvp, free exploration amongst the stars, and space pve missions, I felt lost and empty as my character trudged along the planets. The story for each character is cool, but once it was over I just wanted to go into space, and was sad to realize I couldn't customize my ship or reverse engineer parts to make it better. In addition to this, the free-to-play players are so restricted it isn't even funny - we have a restriction on what we can type to other players, and we can't even trade.

While the ground-stuff for SWG was severely lacking following the CU, the space aspect to it made it my favorite MMO. Sorry, mini-rant over

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree completely. That game was just so bad, and it being an indie title is no excuse. There are so many other good indie titles out there.
    I actually liked that game, but I can definitely agree that it was far from perfect.
    I loved TOR before it went F2P (played it for a month as a subscriber and got to level 45 with my main character). I agree that the space battles are really disappointing and they probably did ruin the game with the restrictions on free accounts, which is why I never returned to the game. :(