The worst games you have played this gen...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by cerberus, Oct 14, 2012.

1. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Your worst gaming experiences this gen if you please, dames & gents. Either on consoles or PC. Vent it out, throw rotten vegetables at their stinking front covers if you must!

This ought to be good. :pop2:

2. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Ooh, this thread is gonna be awesome.

For starters, I'll bring up the stinking pile of shit that is Modern Warfare 3. Yes, there's some CoD-prejudice in action, but it really was a shitty game. Horrible finish, same awful graphics as the past four games, and multiplayer was the worst I've encountered in my entire gaming history.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

..............Amnesia :'(

4. cerberus

^ Care to elaborate? I haven't played it myself, only the demo. Thought it was quite terrifying, smart and a much needed step in the right direction for survival horror.

#4 cerberus, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  5. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well it was just a story, all three games 1 story so just they wanted to keep everything same...
    The game is fun, not the best, but just fun to waste your time.
    the ending was ok for me idk.
    but I gotta say, the missions were very short lol...

6. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't know,i'm really satisfied with all the games i've ever played...only the best for Rolf!

7. cerberus

Glad to hear, rolf. As for me, I've got some festering corpses in my gaming cupboard...

* X360 *

- Aliens vs Predator
    Short and forgettable single player campaigns. Worthless throwaway multiplayer. Rubbish weapon and character (human) design. Atrocious level design.

- Condemned 2
    The need the developers felt to turn everything and everyone into a "badass muthafukkah" just makes me cringe. Although the single player started off nicely, the last third of the game is so bloody stupid it's unbelievable.

- Dead Space 1 (& 2)
    Both games are very playable so that's not the issue. During my first playthrough of both games I kept waiting for something terrifying to happen and it just didn't. These games pretty much sum up what American horror is all about: an endless display of unscary, in-your-face monster-closets and gore instead of building up tension.
    So much wasted potential. If had developed the first game, I would have seen to it that ammo was extremely limited and that the regenerating necromorph would've been the main - and perhaps the only - enemy creature the player had to deal with by solving smart environmental puzzles with multiple solutions.

- Fallout New Vegas
    This was my very first RPG of this type. I enjoyed every minute of the story but I will never replay the game. Why not? Because it's a bug-ridden mess and not a single session went smoothly. Multiple crashes/freezes, game-breaking glitches, corrupted saves, you name it. F:NV is a broken mess.

- FUEL
    What could've been an unforgettable post-apocalyptic open-world racer turned out to be one of the most boring and uninteresting games I have ever had the misfortune of playing.

- F.E.A.R. 3
    There is no civilized way to describe this abortion. Fuck. This. Game.

- Heroes over Europe
    Upon inserting the game I was greeted with top-notch presentation and couldn't wait to play! Going into it, I knew this was an arcade flyer but there is one feature that ruined the whole game for me. On multiple occasions, the game actually encourages you to ram your plane at full speed into another one to take it down. It's preposterous. In fact, there are some missions that you can't complete if you don't use this mechanic. Fuck. This. Game.

- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
    Gameplay was fine and the amateur cam visual style is something I can only applaud as it contributes to the game's extremely dark tone. But for some reason they changed what made the first game great, namely the personalities of the two main characters.

- Left 4 Dead
    Truly hate this game with a passion. I don't understand what makes it so popular. It's stupid time-wasting run & gun bullcrap... Oh wait, I think I do understand.

- Mafia II
    A textbook example of why pretty graphics don't make a good game.

- Naughty Bear
    Expected Manhunt with teddy bears, got a rubbish score-attack game instead.

- Perfect Dark Zero
    Unplayable garbage with unsatisfying gunplay.

- Resident Evil 5
    I can only tolerate RE4 up until Chief Mendez' demise. It's all downhill from there. RE5 continued going downhill, this time at full speed. I can only imagine the train wreck that RE6 must be. Fuck. This. Game.

- Saw II: Flesh & Blood
    It goes without saying that I didn't expect much of this. However, I thought the first game felt very much like a decent survival horror. This one was just a QTE-fest with frustratingly bad puzzles and an uneven checkpoint system.

- Silent Hill Homecoming
    What a fucking insult this is. The developers clearly didn't know what they were working with. A travesty in every conceivable way. Fuck. This. Game.

* PS3 *

- Heavy Rain
    I loved Fahrenheit but this is just pretentious Americanized trash. At its best it's a decent graphical tech-demo, at its worst it's QTE: The Game (which it is, from start to finish). Add to that a story shat itself inside out halfway through and you've got yourself a stinker.

- Lair
    Extremely disappointing and virtually unplayable. The only good thing that came out of this game was John Debney's soundtrack.

* Wii *

- Cursed Mountain
    Adored the setting and the story but the game doesn't register inputs properly, that's when you know it's broken.

- Nights: Journey of Dreams
    Unplayable, even with a Gamecube controller plugged into the Wii.

#7 cerberus, Oct 15, 2012
  8. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

the worst game i played is angry birds, i know most people love it but i just don't like it...my honest opinion ;) well the truth is that you get bored easily...

9. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

cerberus, Left 4 Dead is fun when you play with your friends, playing alone or with strangers is boring, but when you find 3 friends to play with you, or 7, if you want to play versus, the game end up being very entertaining.

The worst game that I played this generation was Skyrim, I don't want to start a war, but the game is so boring .-.
    Cliche story, stupid combat and some other problems mad me quit the game, and after some time, I realized that killing dragons is not that funny, you kill it like almost every other enemy in the game, but this one flies and shout at you...
    I don't know, I think i didn't liked Skyrim so much because I like story-driven games, and Skyrim is focused on gameplay

10. cerberus

Oh, I tried 4-player co-op. It's just the way the game works that annoys the crap out of me.

11. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Any Call of Duty after the second one.

I have played every Call Of Duty and given them all a fair chance but any of them after COD 2 suck. Although World At War was OK if you played the bigger maps.

There's more games to add to this list but i'm intoxicated and so I can't think properly.

12. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

Call of duty modern warfare 2 was good if you compare it to black ops as modern warfare 2 has more fans...

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Cerberus, I'm not surprised you loved FNV's story but hated its bugs; it is a much better & more stable experience on the PC, which I highly recommend now after numerous patches and almost ten thousand, free, user-made mods. ;)

As for the worst games I've played this generation: You Are Empty and Slender. Both very low-budget games. While YAE has a promising setting - it is made unplayable by mediocre gameplay, loads of bugs, broken cutscenes and a story that isn't properly presented in the game itself. Slender is just complete bull.

Of course, there are also all (but the first) games from the Call of Duty series and Team Fortress 2 - quite possibly the most overrated games I have ever played, but they are far from the worst that I have played and they have plenty of merits, so they don't really count.

#13 Bamul, Oct 15, 2012
  14. cerberus

Call of Duty 3, which I got used a few months ago, was the very first and only COD I have ever played in my life. Why 3? Because apparently it's the series' black sheep, so I thought I'd give that one a priority and I'm glad I did. Honestly, I thought it was good but mindless entertainment. Especially Joel Goldsmith's soundtrack was quite memorable! But I definitely don't see myself going through the rest of them... The constant noise of gunfire, explosions and screams is something I strongly disliked about the game.

15. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Worst game in my opinion is: Alpha protocol. Shity controls. Shity story. Shity graphics. Shity AI. Etc.

Stepping into the cod relm I'd have to say I very much enjoyed call of duty. Especially big red one and finest hour. To me it was after the first modern warfare where things got ridiculous.

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Bf3. I know that sounds stupid because it is not that bad but it was the worst for me due to me being so exited for it and then it being pretty bad ):
    metro last light: fir forcing me to wait so long for it. :)

17. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

^THIS!

Battlefield 3 is a good game compared to it's competitors but it was released too early and was (still is) buggy and glitchy, it has also basically turned into a better version of CoD now, close quarters maps, Premium pack - basically gives you shit DLC and over the top bling like that bad ass knife and gun camos (Although they're cool and gun camo adds to realism), squad team deathmatch and most CoD players moved onto it after MW3 let them down big time.

EA & DICE are also serious con artists making you pay (If you didn't buy it new like I did) for the online pass, even after you've payed for xbox live gold and the game itself. There's also the rent a server so all the CoD fags (and stupid bf3 players) pay over the top prices to have clan battles on their own servers then kick anyone who's better than them and DICE sit there all happy with themselves making money off their stupidity.

I forgot to mention I've noticed that at least 60% of the BF3 players now are definitely retarded, trying to knife across the map, flying choppers somewhere then jumping out and killing everyone else inside, running away from objectives, running away from people that need ammo or medics. The list is endless.

#17 VanillaToshi, Oct 15, 2012
  18. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Wait, did someone say teddy bears?

19. vitormaduro

vitormaduro Well-Known Member

It is what my friend said to me
    "It look like DICE was creating BF3 with love, with a lot of attention to details, good mechanics, awesome sounds and graphics... And then, at some point, they simply got tired of it and rushed to finish the game"

And I also have to agree that BF3 is turning into a new, good looking CoD, which is sad... I could have spend those $25 at another game (50% off sales FTW)

20. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

As far as I know, it was EA who told DICE to rush, to be compared with mw3 or something like that.
    anyways...
    Ghost Recon future soldier anyone? that game disappointed me so much...
    I was waiting for something awesome, something that I couldnt even imagine, I did see that though, the game sucked bad for me, too much un-necessary stuff...

#20 Nod2033, Oct 15, 2012