The Order 1886

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Von Streff, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Apparently there was a leak of the full gameplay by someone who received it early, and the videos lasted 5 hours. I hope it isn't as short as appears, but I didn't preorder, so no skin off my nose.

2. It was obvious the game will flop hard when it was advertised as a new single player IP exclusive to a single platform. Alternative history? Hell yeah. Victorian England with werewolves and sci-fi? Sign me right in. Not on PC? Only on PS4? Oh, okay, nice knowing ya guys, I hope your designers and programmers end up with a better publisher someday.

Now it's being sold as a short game with a full $60 price. Good luck with that, Ready at Dawn. If it's an experimental title or just a tech demo then the price tag should be $20 or $40. There are established rules in the community, people will not buy short games with little replayability at full price, and if you try to change their minds and justify it by some unique artistic vision then you can fuck right off. People can and will vote with their wallets.

Just checked local Playstation store: The price for Order 1886 is 4k (3999) rubles. A $60 title is usually being sold for 699 on PC at launch. No wonder consoles sell so badly in CIS countries.

Never preorder anything. Preorders are a shitty idea that has to go.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've learned that the hard way :sad:

4. Von Streff

Regular

That's why I very rarely preorder. My only one on the list for 2015 is Witcher 3, and I have full trust in CDProjektRed to deliver.

5. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, a mix of reviews. Ultimately, I might borrow it off a friend, but I don't think I'll be throwing even $15 at this one...

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I never heard of this game before, but it looks interesting. I hope it'll eventually get sent over to the PC, just like I've been hoping for The Last of Us to be ported over.

#7 NuclearWastE3, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  7. Von Streff

Regular

Played the game.

Graphics: 10/10, just drop dead gorgeous

Story: 3/10, predictable, and badly made (come on, you introduce a creature at the end and we never fight it? Sequel bullsh*t)

Gameplay: 2/10, a very badly made cover-based shooter, with 20 minute cutscenes for every five minutes of gameplay. And no, I'm not exaggerating. In fact, my flatmate walked in, and asked what I was doing. I'm sitting there, a massive slice of pizza in my hands, controller lying a metre away, and said 'Playing a video-game'. Sarcastically. Very sarcastically.

Music: 5/10, not bad, not memorable.

8. [YOUTUBE]Qy6NHKDh-Mo[/YOUTUBE]

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, I watched Joe's review of it a while ago and he came to pretty much the same conclusions as you did, Streff.