The Last of Us - Pre-release hype

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pip314, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else souped for this game? I've been having 'gasms over the cut-scenes and gameplay. Has anyone seen anything for this game? It's only being released on the PS3, (good thing my roommate has one!) I am seriously considering buying this game even without the console. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZYkj0glnqs - This entire video is rising action, and by the end you're all sat-up in your seat, eyes wide like, "WHAT THE FUUUUUUU!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krLNvmYF7lM&feature=relmfu - Amazing cut-scenes, dialogue, and character development!

Like I said, 'gasms.

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

I'm not sold at all on this one... Almost nothing about it appeals to me.

3. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

Wow! First vid was pretty intense! its hard to tell what is gameplay and what is a cut scene... i wonder what happens if you move through the scene in a different way? ...And if you can ditch the kid? :D Scenery looks great.
    just a fukken shame it wont play on my xbox!
    Cerberus, whats not to like about the struggle for life in the post apocalypse?

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Wow, that game looks freaking awesome! The gameplay looks like a cutscene, seriously. It looks like a very well-made cutscene.
    Only thing that bothers me, is that that girl acts and sounds like she's almsot 30, yet looks like she's twelve. :p

5. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

6. cerberus

Which is exactly the only reason I might keep an eye on it.

7. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the voice actor is much older. I think she should be a bit older. Perhaps 14 or 15? Nevertheless I am excited.

8. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good, although, not good enough to buy a Playstation for xD

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

For a way of talking and a personality like that, she should be close to the thirties, dawg.

10. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I don't have a PS3 and i'm not gonna buy one just for this game but I do really like the look of it. Only thing I didn't really like about it was the cover and shoot system, I usually don't like that in games, i'd prefer it if I could just change stance to take cover instead.

I'd say that Ellie is more like 17-21 years old since she's mature etc but she still looks very young.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

That would be the most plausible situation, yes. But still, not good enough.
    There is no real good explanation for it except that there's a huge failure between the mix of model and character.

She acts tough, hits a guy with a pipe, throws a brick in another's face, uses lots of words in a wide vocabulary-way which not even I would do, and yet she looks like she's 150cm short, small cute face, flat chest and skinny bodyfigures. Lol, I just have to rant so I seem smart. :blah:

12. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I believe the violence and pipe-swinging/brick-throwing, as well as the vulgarity of her words could be attributed to the fact that she was born after the end of civilization, and draws her education from a completely different set of norms. The voice acting is a bit deep, but it is certainly not game breaking for me. I am still psyched. :wacko:

13. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I know a girl who is mid thirties and 4'7" but she does look the age facially.

14. Informative

Informative Member

Day one for me, really like the concept and look of the game. Made by Naughty Dog, say no more.

15. Aaron

Regular

16. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]A1CXbvNwOBI[/YOUTUBE]

Some new infected combat gameplay. Here Joel moves through the metro with two companions in tow. Some intriguing gameplay, showing on-the-move crafting and two of the stages of the infected - the first being the normal zombies, the other being the third stage of the infection, where the fungus removes sight from the host, and the fungus grows over the entire head. To find prey, this type of zombie uses echolocation, and can hear very well. In an interview, it was said that throwing objects can deter them, and entire levels can be gone without killing any zombies - but rather sneaking past them all.

17. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Why isnt the good zombie survival game coming out for Xbox? I feel so cheated

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

^
    At lteast on the pc we got dayz. give the box some love!

19. Aaron

Regular

Very interesting gameplay indeed, although their was a crap load of bullets and supplies there. Perhaps its because it's only a demo... Or maybe the added risk yields more reward?

20. cerberus

I very much like the stealthy approach and it's tense, yes, but not scary in the least so I'm still not sold on this.