The last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Luster, May 4, 2011.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Okay, after watching Interstellar on Friday, I decided on Sunday, for the first time in my life, that "Damn, I'm going to watch this movie on cinema for a second time", and so I pre-ordered one seat for myself and one for my girlfriend so we get the best seats in the whole room :D

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Shit, sounds like I'll need to have a look at that film as well then. Haven't been to the cinema in a while.

3. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I might see it this weekend with some mates

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

I might watch that soon it does look good

5. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Transsiberian: It's a movie of an American couple that boards the Trasn-Siberian Railway for a trip to Moscow. They meet up with a young couple and it all go's down from there. The Russian police is also involved. That's really I can tell you, about the movie, without me ruining it for you. There's also some vodka drinking and cool Russian talk. I kept repeating a word in my head, during the movie, that had been said and I believe it means cheers in, Russian; but I soon forgot what it was after 45 minutes. Anyway, I thought it was a good movie.

6. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think that may have been на здоровье (pronounced, more or less, na zdarovye), which means "for health" or "to health". I'm not sure if Russians actually say that as a toast when drinking, as I've heard it's a misconception, but in Polish and a number of other Slavic languages we say na zdrowie (pronounced na zdrovye) as a toast. We also say this instead of "bless you" when someone sneezes. However, you can get different toasts as well, for example wasze zdrowie (vashe zdrovye) - meaning literally "[to] your health", so I would not be surprised if there was a very similar Russian equivalent. I'm not Russian though, so Komo can tell us. :p

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Man, I always hated using the term "bless you." It just doesn't feel right saying it after somebody sneezes :p Most of the time, I don't say anything when somebody sneezes, and that usually causes them to look up and stare at me with an expression on their face that can only be interpreted as "aren't you going to bwess me??" Hahahah, it really weird :p. Since I live on the U.S./Mexican boarder, the other common term to use is Salud, which basically means the same thing as "bless you" when you use it after somebody sneezes -but it can also be use during a toast, meaning good health.

Bah, about the Russian word. Maybe that was it....maybe not. I don't remember how it sounded. I just remember there were a bunch of Russians and one American drinking vodka and they all said it to each other before they took down their shots.

--------------------------
    I just watched the movie annabelle, the one about the creepy doll. I thought it was good. The only part I did not like was the ending. It felt as if the director had no idea how to end the movie, so he decided to finish it with a stupid cliche ending instead. It was obvious what was going to happen about 15 seconds before it actually happened, and that kind of sucked.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Not weird at all, I know exactly what you mean because I feel the same way. The religious connotations put me off a bit and they don't seem appropriate for the situation, so I never use it. I have no problem saying the Polish equivalent though, because it has nothing to do with god and it's much more on topic (since it's literally about health). :p

10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

bit different for me, i always say bless you completely automaticaly, there is no brain response i just auto say it anytime someone sneezes. over here its less of a religion thing and more just being polite :D

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, most people in Britain don't mean it in a religious way either I think, but it does originate from literally "god bless you". :p But yeah, I'd probably say it too without thinking twice whenever someone sneezed if I was raised in an anglophone country and it wouldn't seem awkward to me then.

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I wonder if that's what a priest would say to someone who sneezed next to them.

I watched Battleship and Star Trek: Into The Darkness Envelopes. They were both really great to watch, but I think, overall, I enjoyed Star Trek slightly more.

13. triumphpi

triumphpi Member

Fear and loathing in Las Vegas

14. NuclearWastE3

Regular

A million Ways to Die in the West, by seth macfarlane -the same guy who created the television show Family Guy. It's a comedy movie, set in the Western Days, about a sheep farmer who try's too win back the love of his girlfriend that broke up with him; and along the way, he runs into some setbacks that could cost him his life. I didn't think the movie was that funny for the first 1/3 of the movie, but after that, it really picked up and things got better.

There's also this great song, in the movie, about mustaches :):
    [YOUTUBE]NE5uCw7y7g4[/YOUTUBE]

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

G.I. Joe Retaliation: 6/10
    Another one of those dumb American Special Ops movies, although this one has some stronger characteristics: Ninjas and a lot of futuristic weaponry. The story is alright, but nothing spectacular. A lot of cool moves though, and the camera-angles and camera-movements weren't too bad either. Worth the while, but far from the best I've seen.

Goodbye World: 6/10
    Aside from the fact that a virus has stopped all electricity and created chaos and riots in the city, this story is only based on a group of people who are getting back in touch some years after College, and they're taking refuge at one of them's cabin/farm, waiting out to see what happens. It's one big drama scene, really, with a short moment of action and tension. It wasn't very exciting, but it was a decent movie none the less. I'd rather recommend this than G.I. Joe.

Gladiator: 9/10
    You'd think this is another one of those typical Roman Empire-movies, and yes it is, but it has a rather strong story with some good characters. Cool fighting-moves, good camera-movements, good actors and a strong story. At the end, I was actually pretty touched and had to take a few deep breaths to stop myself from crying :p Ultimately, a very very good movie.

Defiance: 8/10
    This is a movie about four brothers who helped save the lives of over 1000 jews during the second world war by taking shelter in the woods, and fighting back against the Nazis. A fair bit of realistic action so it wasn't boring, and a fair bit of exciting drama in the survivalists' camp. It's based on a real story. A few months ago, I actually watched a dramatization/documentation on History Channel on TV, telling this story. That only makes me even more interested in this movie. Good acting, good camera-movements, good atmosphere and scenes. A strong story and good characters.

As you can see, I've been watching a lot of movies recently. There's not much else to do when you're sitting at home and can't play any game at all :p

Lastly, although I watched this movie twice a while back, I just want to say:
    Interstellar: 10/10.

16. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I watched Django Unchained. I'm not sure if I was expecting more from the movie, especially after hearing many positive reviews about it, but, nonetheless, it was a great movie and I highly enjoyed watching it. It's a Quentin Tarantino movie -the same guy who made Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Inglorious Bastards, Deathpoof, Planet Terror, etc- so, if you like his movies, then I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy this one...

17. Skaara Dreadlocks

I decided to watch Djangu Unchained as well because Netflix has it. It was pretty good, but had a sudden unexpected strange ending. By the way, did people in the 1800th century have a higher blood pressure and thinner blood? 'Cause I swear, there was a lot of strawberry juice flying around there :lol:

7/10 :)

18. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Cool, well, I'm happy that you watched it :D
    And the ending was sudden, like you said, but I still liked it -though, I have gotta say, he was standing pretty close to that house when "it" happened :p. Hahaha, yeah, and I guess they did have extremely high blood pressure back then because that strawberry juice was spurting out of wounds like...well, as if they had high blood pressure :lol:

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Haha, I noticed that part at the ending too. I was all "Wait, isn't he gonna go further away? Is he gonna stand that close? GET FURTHER AWAY YOU DAMN FOOL!", and you could actually see a piece of burning wood or something landing just behind his foot and rolling slightly behind him. Just a typical badass moment :D

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Oh I remember that film, it was pretty cool. It was very different from the original Django, but that's fine as it didn't really try to be a remake of it and just did something completely different.