Survarium

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pip314, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I searched for existing threads on this game but found none. I do recall one of the STALKER threads containing quite a bit of talk towards this title. I am extremely excited, as I feel it looks extremely promising. It appeals to my STALKER/Metro side, and it seems as though it is being designed fairly well. The existing screenshots look literally breathtaking as well...as far as the apocalypse goes. Sort of a grim, bleak beauty if you ask me.

The reason I decided to go ahead and create this thread was because I just visited the site to see it has been revamped to include a TON of information about the game - which I found surprising due to the fact that up to this moment there was hardly any information on it. Become informed, let me know - let the world know, what you think of it.

http://survarium.com/en

#1 Pip314, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

This game does look very impressive. I particularly like the concept of having multiple people on one server to really bring the idea of vulnerability to the game... I just hope it doesn't turn into another "WarZ"...

3. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

If it does I'm uninstalling all three stalker games and never touching them again. I wouldn't want to play a game made by people who could fuck a game up as much as WarZ. What's worse is that the developers made a SHIT TON of cash. What's worse is that a mod who was kicked and banned disclosed a lot of secret info like how if they didn't make a specific amount of money (I forgot how much but it was more than what they already made) they would say they didn't make enough money and shut the game down. Yup they would just take their customers money and just run away with it. What's worse is how people tried to compare DayZ to WarZ. DayZ is a mod that is in alpha and WarZ is "Finished". That should say something right there.

(Back on topic)

I hope it turns out really cool.

4. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Haha... I see where the worries may come in to play. But take pride in the fact that these are the guys that made STALKER. They tried their hardest, despite THQ's attempts to fuck up the game, to produce something that had never previously been done. I feel that they fought tooth and claw to make the game that they truly wanted to play. It is for this very reason that I feel that they will not succumb to greed or the necessities of a publisher.

On top of this is the fact the group of people working on the game are extremely passionate about their line of work, and they do, like I said, truly want to produce a game that they would want to play. It is for these reasons that I am not worried about them recreating a WarZ type scenario.

5. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yup, i was already following the project.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Same here - anything made by the Stalker team is worthy of attention.
    It's worth pointing out that these are the same people who worked for a few months on Stalker 2 WITHOUT PAY, before they were forbidden from continuing. I highly doubt we'd see something like the WarZ happening here.

Btw, Pip: the game is called Survarium - not Survivarium. :p

7. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Well I'll be! Would a mod care to edit the title to the correct name of the game? It'd be much appreciated. Also, thanks for curing my ignorance Bamul.

It is done...

#7 Pip314, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  8. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been following the game since the beginning. In fact i believe i was one of the first people (outside the company and the people involved in the project) to know about Survarium at all - Oleg Yavorsky is a friend of mine. One thing i'll always regret about the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 cancelation stuff (besides the game being canceled,ofcourse :D ) and all is that i and a friend of mine from Finland were invited to the GSC studio in Kiev. And then came the news of GSC's demise.:rant:

9. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Whoa nice, whats it like to know a Celeb? xD

But nah, Ive been following sense annoucement somewhere I think, same with Nuclear Union, both look like very promising games. and the fact that if you look in some of the Survivurm promo's you see some STALKER assets is just plain awesome :D

The next evolution of the genre!

10. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I really don't know how this is gonna turn out, some bits sound cool and others are just not to my tastes. We'll have to wait and see.

11. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

12. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ha I just found WolveNZ and Jet Odessa in the Survarium Forums:D

@Komodo: I think you would like the game.:) Give it a try:D

13. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

yep, I'm there, but haven't been for awhile. will have a look later on.

14. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

Thoughts on Survarium

For those who don't know, Vostok is making an MMOFPS called Survarium. From the looks of it the game looks pretty awesome. Has anyone by any chance been following it or even got an alpha invite?

15. I think it's horrible.

16. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

17. It's free to play which means it will most likely be a pay to win, it tries to copy other successful games, all previews and video materials have shown that it's incredibly dull.

18. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Hey remember when planetside 2 was pay to win, you cant dismiss a game until you have had a detailed look at it, i thought Spec ops the line was a generic shooter from the preview boy was i wrong

19. Remember when games really turned out to be bad all these times?

Maybe it's great, I don't know, but to me, so far, it looks bad.