Surface or Tunnels??

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BORIS13, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I have to agree that M2033 did very good on the "survival horror" parts and overall creepiness, but in the book I felt really strange at times and it's a shame they didn't manage to recreate that feeling in the game. But I guess they tried their best, and what they did is so freaking awesome! :D

2. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

yeah haha i played on ranger hardcore on archives. and it was the most creepiest thing ever...i dont really know why tho

3. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Librarians... *shudders* ...I may have needed several changes of pants when I first played that level. I enjoyed the surface a lot more in Metro 2033, there were a lot of areas to explore although you're limited by filters.

4. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

Unless playing on ranger I always manage to find more than enough filters

5. Teddy Picker

It's gotten to the point where I exclusively play on Ranger difficulties to keep myself interested. I'm working on a YouTube playthrough right now, I'll link it sometime when it's complete. But yeah, I've had a few close calls before where I ran out of filters and just barely found a new one in time, the problem is that they aren't for sale in Armory Station or at Polis.

6. KhansGotKarma

Yeah theyre what make ranger hard imo
    whats your YT?

7. Teddy Picker

8. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

I knifed the librarians, at first I did it for fun but in the end it actually worked!

But those black ones :rant:
    When I get time I'll work on knifing them as well. :D

9. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

more 'surface' would be nice, but I also think more missions in undiscover stations would be great, specially Kremelin.

10. theta123

theta123 Well-Known Member

Yes surface would be nice, with ofcourse the condition that we can buy spare filters as much as we like

11. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

agreed, they should be available at all traders, perhaps with a limit as how many you could buy, but still, it would be nice.

12. theta123

theta123 Well-Known Member

everytime i was on the surface, i was so worried about the filters :p

13. Jester

Jester Member

I always preferred the general atmosphere of the tunnels more. The surface was pretty cool, but for myself, the more time spent in the tunnels, the better.:lol:

14. KhansGotKarma

Like artom says after dead city 2, I felt a lot safer in the tunnels but the surface gave a great survival feel

15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I still want to see an underground sewer system, will freaky river like monsters

16. Red Aegis

Red Aegis Well-Known Member

The whole reason that the surface is so terrifying is that you're so alone. The game implies that there would be more bases being established on the surface making it less desolate. If that is the case then the surface would lose it's horror quality and pick up a stealth one IMO. I don't exactly have a problem with that but it would cause the game to lose something. As for the filters, I think that being able to buy them everywhere is unrealistic. From what I saw, it was mostly the soldiers of the various organizations that were holding access to them and not the general vendors for the most part.

17. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Well every nation has enought gas masks ( even more ) for every men, women or kid, so i dont see the problems why vendors cant sell them, especially when hanza does the most weapons, meds and supplies trading. And bases on surfices (if they will be in the last version of LL before release) will be small and everyday attacked by a bunch of mutants so i dont see the problem with that to. It is a gome for survival of human race afterall

#37 Ranger_of_the_new_world, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  18. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Personaly i liked the surface levels more.I loved the metro tunnels,but seeing Moscow destroyed was great.
    Me,i'd like to see more surface levels in Last Light or maybe one big enough to make me NOT to want to go back to the surface again.

19. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

You make it sound like you want Moscow destroyed xD

20. Teddy Picker

The only area where I had problems with filters is Outpost. In my first playthrough I almost ran out of air on quite a few occasions.