Surface or Tunnels??

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BORIS13, Aug 25, 2011.

1. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Should you spend more time in the tunnels? or explore the surface more?

2. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe a little more surface than 2033, but mainly tunnels, especiallt the unexplored, creepy ones!

3. SwordBreaker

SwordBreaker Active Member

I want more caves! In 2033, tunnels and surface were in good balance imo.

4. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

Well I think into campaign there will be mission to go outside but still the main will be stations, tunnels and etc.

Also i hope that both will be into multiplayer

also - Hi guys I am New...

5. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. The game is about life in the Metro, so why shouldn't most of it take place there?

Yeah, and I can imagine how cool it would be to play on the surface in multiplayer! Worrying about your mask, filters, ammo, and human enemies? Sounds like fun.

And welcome to the forum!

6. Oxotnik

Oxotnik Active Member

Thank you.

And about surface. into multiplayer (and sometimes even into tunnels and stations) monsters advantage will be not to need gasmask (and filters too). Also there will be some other problems. I mean maps will be very large (because city is very big into metro 2033 probably same will be into metro last light) and how can Moscow be divided ? If devided that is good (but main is how) and if not then we will have only (but very big) map outside. whole Moscow. Hope into surface will be library where the trick will not work with librarians (librarians will be controlled by players). (into trick I mean while watching into their eyes). So there will be merciless fight between humans and librarians. Also note that into Metro 2033 librarian fought against demon so into library there might be 3 factions: Humans, Beasts (dark ones, watchers and etc.) and librarians. that will be cool. For example into moments there might to fight librarian and howler together against ranger. After killing ranger (he will probably die if he will not have a volt diver) than librarian and howler will begin fight (both of them will be controlled by people so it their choice start or not start the fight). I think that will be awesome.

Also there will be other problems. For example there will be hard like sector controls into metro (that is possible but can you imagine monster having flag and capturing sector?)

Note that sector control can be between nazis and reds. There also might be 2 factions : nazis and reds. or three : reds, nazis and none of them (like Artyom into metro 2033 ).

That is just my opinion. If you guys do not like it I will hear your recommendations with pleasure.

7. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

after the missions with Khan, of course TUNNELS,because i have a feeling they will add alot of things maybe some new mutants in the places we did not go at metro 2033 and who knows what else, :O

8. Von Streff

Regular

And maybe have a little tour in the Kremlin: it was epic in the book, and it would be very good in the game.

9. Omen

Omen New Member

Personally, I would like them to be a bit more equal than before. Especially because according to the intro the outside world is becoming a better place to go to, even if it is not the best to go to. My biggest hope is to be able to do a little free roaming. Maybe a game type? And more exploration!

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This.

11. BORIS13

Ya i def agree. a mission or map in a kremlin would be really awsome. however they did already send out the gameplay footage. hopefully they ' re not completely done with level designs and could add the kremlin.

12. Von Streff

Regular

And make it all scary, like in the book!

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

As awesome as the game is, pretty much nothing in it is as creepy as some of the stuff in the book. :(

14. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

More of the far out unexplored tunnels and stations, loads of those according to the map in the book. But yes the surface should be explored more, im sure this will be the case as someone said earlier the teaser trailer or whatever seems to indicate changes are afoot.

15. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Exploring what happend to Kreml! and why it's so "magical". :)

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'd love to find out more about this as well.

17. vapera

vapera Well-Known Member

id say the metro 2033 balance was pretty good,
    in last light id like around about 2-4 surface sections, too many and it will be like sweets.
    it will lose its magic

18. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree,I did not liked the surface "very much?"I was afraid in the missions in the surface but I felt safe down to metro,like Artyom said

19. Von Streff

Regular

Yes, it's amazing how they managed to keep that feeling, especially in Ranger Mode (gas masks!) :) I think they made the fear factor really work: for the first few missions, you have a friend backing you up. Then, when you get separated, I said "No, no! Come back! How will I survive?!" :D It was amazing!

20. BORIS13

yeah the kremlin to explore would be awesome. i agree :rolleyes: