Stutters ruining the game!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Lazzerus, May 18, 2013.

1. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

Hello everyone. I posted here as well as the bugs/glitches thread as it seems its getting so big with so many different problems that not alot of people are getting answers to their questions or comments as they might be getting missed.

Just want to know if anyone managed to fix the stuttering yet?
    I just got the game today and have terrible stutters every couple of seconds, with no frame drops. I see other people having the same problem on here and 5 pages alone discussing it over on the nvidia forums.

I am running SLI GTX 680 Classified 4g plus 2600k@4.5ghz and 8 gig ram. I have tried everything I can think of including changing drivers, changing all graphic settings, disabling sli, turning off hyperthreading. Im getting a solid 80fps with very high and ssaa off at 2560x1440p . The only thing that slightly helped was capping frames at 30 but then the mouse lags alot and it still stutters.

Anyone now how to fix? or any word on a patch? its ruining the game :(

Any help is greatly apreciated

2. rowan_u

rowan_u Member

Same issue here, stuttering severly, but fraps doesn't show a frame drop. Driver 320.14, gtx680 sli. Enable/disable 3dvision, settings low/high, physics off/on, vsynce on/off sli enable/disable all have no effect :(

Found something relevant on guru3d (text linki below), seems that this is a Metro problem? FCAT is showing stuttering, even on the TITAN.

copyme://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/metro_last_light_graphics_performance_review_benchmark,7.html

nvidia forum post

copyme://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/544064/pc-games/weird-stuttering-in-metro-last-light/1

3. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

Thanks for the reply Maybe if everyone that has the same problem posts here we can get the devs attention and get a patch soon? Its seems to be a great game just this one thing is making it unplayable......

4. lordnox

lordnox New Member

also stutters on my PC i have Q9550 3.8Ghz CPU, 4Gb DDR2 Ram and a single nVidia GTX 570 Amp Edition Graphics card. The frame rates are fluctuating, drops are quick like it's 60 then 50 the next second and then goes up to 60 again. Stuttering makes it hard to enjoy the game :/

5. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

Yea mine seems to be intermitant most of the time the stutters dont effect frames then randomly they will drop about 2 or 3 frames so 80 to 77 then straight back up because of the stutter.

6. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

disable any fraps or evga precision x type of overlay you have enabled and see if that works

7. White

White New Member

This issue seriously needs to be addressed. Not sure how this could get past testing. I'm leaning towards they knew about it before release but have opted to ignore it.

Every 2-3 seconds is a stutter. Very game breaking for me and is ruining the atmosphere and flow of the game.

Intel Core i7-2600k 3.40ghz 3.90ghz
    GeForce GTX 580
    16gb RAM

8. Boogy

Boogy New Member

Same here. Stuttering and random crashes.

1920x1200. Max settings and everything's enabled (no SSAA)
    660Ti SLI (stutters with single card as well).

9. Sambeca

Sambeca New Member

Same here, stuttering / micro-freezing on PC, unplayable for me, single card or SLI, same problem.

GeForce GTX 670 SC 4GB SLI
    i5 3570K
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

10. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

I do have afterburner running with osd ,I will give this a try but i need it for regulating my gpu fans. By the sound of it the game just needs fixing. Thanks for the help.

11. Defected

Defected Well-Known Member

Yup same problems GTX680 sli !!!

This spot right here drops to 5 frames on very high or low settings ! Dead city building

[​IMG]

12. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

Totally agree. This reminds me of when BF3 came out and didnt like hyperthreading....

13. Tiberius Nero

Tiberius Nero Member

Having the same issues. Tried a few different suggestions and none worked. The stutter is making the game unplayable. Tinkered with the settings, disabled certain software etc. and still the same issue. It's not even the frame rate really as others have said.

I can't find any solid reason nor solution for this. Hopefully this thread gets some attention.

14. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

I have noticed vsync smoothed it out a little but not enough to be playable.

15. Tiberius Nero

Tiberius Nero Member

I tried that too. I noticed a very slight difference (maybe just wishful thinking) but nothing to make the game actually run as it should. Thinking about renting for a console at this point since I assume they don't have this issue.

:frusty:

16. Lazzerus

Lazzerus Active Member

I tried dx9 and 10 and only got worse framerates with stuttering :rolleyes:

17. Boogy

Boogy New Member

No stutter with SLI bits 0x080600F5 and huge increase in performance. But those bits introduced lens flares problems.

18. Boogy

Boogy New Member

Funny thing but that only fixed stutter in benchmark. Game itself still stutters (though with good performance but with flares artifacts).

19. Sambeca

Sambeca New Member

Still stuttering.
    The weird thing is that im experiencing really good FPS, everything on max (except for SSAA - Off).

20. Tiberius Nero

Tiberius Nero Member

Yeah, the FPS isn't even the problem with anyone it seems. It's rather puzzling...I have a friend with the same specs as I do and he has no issues. He's generally more computer savvy than I am and even he's scratching his head. Spent a solid 6 hours trying to figure out the difference. Then he screamed and ended up rage quitting like I did.