Starting to play the MMO version of this game, Anything I need to know?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by Arma45, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

So I been looking for something like a MMORPG to play and mess around on. Maybe do some raids and actually see what its like as I have never really played any MMORPG before. Since this was free to play and the graphics looked pretty decent, I decided to go for it.

I have already made my character and chose to play as a DPS. I'm still learning the lingo so bear with me when it comes down to this. I'm only at level five at the moment but so far I am enjoying it. Is there anything you guys here would recommend I do or check out? I'm still learning the controls and what not. I haven't really ever played before with keyboard and mouse. I really would like a mechanical keyboard with a gaming mouse but I'm stuck with what I have and so far, It seems okay.

2. greensat

greensat Active Member

MMORPGs are really fun, DPS characters make you feel like you're the king of the world with all the potential of damage that you possess.

3. Arma45

Arma45 Active Member

So far, Since I have actually played the game, It is a lot more fun than I had expected. However, The most fun you can have is with a full party. One thing I like about MMO's is that there is a need to socialize.

I didn't think I would get addicted it or even like but here I am, Playing this game almost every night or so.

4. gadin210

gadin210 Well-Known Member

I started playing it on my Xbone and all it did is make me miss WoW! The main city is too jumbled and it really turned me off. Any tips would be nice!

5. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I think what you need to know is when you reach level 60, it's going to get boring haha. If you're completely F2P it's going to take you ages of dungeons and doing loads to get equal to other people in terms of PVP, and the story and questing in the game does end, but there's daily dungeons and quests that you have to do over and over again, it gets boring, unless of course you pay loads of money.

6. AmyPrime

AmyPrime New Member

What you need to know about Neverwinter is that it is a completely pay to win game. It will seem fun up to about level 60 and then when the game starts to be about tier 2 dungeons and pvp, you will be absolutely hopeless and be made fun of by others unless you spend real money on making your character really strong. That is what I can say from experience. It is disappointing but it is the truth.

Kyler likes this.
  7. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

That is well put and said. I would also say the same about it, eventhough it is fun to actually go through PVE and all, it would become pointless after you've achieved all and then go into battle in PVP and can't even deal a little damage, unless, you're rich in real life of course or rich in the actual game by playing for years and years, which I wont do because there are other games, much better selection of games like GW2.

8. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Almost every free2play MMORPG falls into this. You can usually get a few days or weeks of fun once you hit level cap, but after that you quickly fall behind or canĀ“t advance at all.