STALKER SOC funny win or fail moments

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Svetlana Pretrenko, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Svetlana Pretrenko

Svetlana Pretrenko Well-Known Member

For me mine was when I baited the military check point in the southern area of the cordon into attacking the rookie village the ensuring slaughter set me for most of the game on cash

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I haven't played this game in years now, but there is one situation that stuck in my head. Before setting out into the final areas of the game and reaching the point of no return, I underestimated the difficulty of what was waiting for me ahead. I thought I had prepared well enough, but I was wrong. Before even getting into the nuclear plant, I was already stuck without any armour and had to use guns and ammo I picked up from my enemies. At the point in the game where you hear Monolit saying to you repeatedly "Иди ко мне" in that ominous voice in the protagonist's head, I had to quicksave after every kill I got and there were also many times where I had to load the game.

Without any protection, even the slightest ricochet of the bullets was making me bleed like crazy and most of my inventory at that point was made up of medkits and bandages. At one staircase and following corridors I got stuck for so long, I became frustrated and left the game. I returned to that saved session after a few months and suffered through, not giving in to the Wishgranter's calling, and eventually getting the "true" ending of SoC... it was so bloody satisfying after such a challenge. So a silly little fail before heading out turned the concluding parts of the game into a harrowing yet epic experience for me.

3. I killed a bloodsucker with a headshot using an SVD from about 1.5 km away once (AMK + ballistics addon).

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I did a couple mainquests, and gave up in the third or fourth main quest where you go down into an underground tunnel with a couple bloodsuckers. But the bloodsuckers weren't the problem, no. Around a corner, came three military soldiers or so, and they were literally undefeatable. I tried everything, even grenades. I even tried retreating, but after my quicksave, I wasn't able to get out of there in time before they caught up with me and killed me. Big fail, which lead me to never really playing any of the games, even thought I bought them all :s

5. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

My playthrouh SOC was pretty sound. The only thing I saw, as fail, for me, was when I tried to join Duty, but then found out it was impossible to do so. You can only be their really good friend but never join them.

The one game, out of the stalker series, which gave me the most trouble, was Stalker Clear Sky. I was basically, in the same scenario, as Bamul. I was at the entrance to the Chernobyl NPP and was running about the walkways that scattered, the field, in front of it. Monolith personal were everywhere and all the AI, in Clear Sky, had extremely great accuracy, with grenades. I was so low in health that, if I was shot once, I would die. Anyway, I was atop this open corridor and, if I went forward, two Monolith would teleport out in front and shoot, at me, right away. At the same time, there would be a salvo, of grenades, that would be thrown up to where I was, and explode. I couldn't go forward nor backward without dying. After many, many, attempts and also giving up for a few months, I eventually passed that stupid part and was able to salvage a can of Tourist Delight, from one of the bodies, and gain back some of my health.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I still remember the deadly accurate grenade throwing that they implemented for NPCs in Clear Sky... it was a bitch to get used to at first. :lol:

7. Svetlana Pretrenko

Oblivion lost makes STALKER SOC guys throw grenades......its almost as bad as clear sky

8. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I tried Oblivion Lost, but I removed it after a while. I think it was because I thought that the night time cycles were too dark and I had trouble seeing, what was only a few feet, up ahead. I should try it again, sometime, because I didn't even make it to the Bar when I played it.

9. Svetlana Pretrenko

Its fun minus the constant grenade spam lol you can even get Ak-47s starting at the Bar

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I tried one of those big mods for SoC once after completing it vanilla, I believe it may have been Stalker Complete. Although I appreciated all the effort that went into its creation, I remember that it felt as though the essence of the game was killed... it just felt too different, I guess. I only played around in it for a few minutes before removing it. I never tried Oblivion Lost fearing that it would have a similar effect to Complete.

11. NuclearWastE3

Regular

I really liked Stalker Complete for the new weapon skins and sound effects (including ambient sound effects) but the environment, during the day when the sun was at its highest, looked like it had the "bloom effect" maxed out. For that reason, and that the AI had been dumb down dramatically, was why I removed it. Though, the times the Mod really wowed me was during a rain storm. That was epic.

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Nice try, cockface.

13. I thought I got rid of this spammer :(

EDIT: Nope, he is gone for good, where did you find his message?

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

His crap was all over the forum (literally in every section of the website, in at least one thread from each), but it looks like you guys took care of it. :)

15. I delete spam daily and I've gotten rid of him a couple days ago. I remember his name because I had to look over his messages to make sure he is not just a harmless new user bumping up a post count. Weird that you've managed to quote the message that is not supposed to be there anymore, the forums must not have updated for other users for some reason. That would explain why users were upset with moderator activity before, the deleted spam posts might stick around for days.

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, looks like it - after all I usually log in much later in the evening than I did when I quoted him. Never knew that could happen though, thanks for clearing up the confusion.