Stalker movie

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by Von Streff, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Has anyone seen the film "Stalker" by Andrei Tarkovsky? I'm just wondering whether it's worth getting. It's pretty slow, apparently, with some camera shots taking over 3 minutes. But if it's anything like the book "Roadside Picnic" or the Stalker series of games, then I am still interested.

2. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

You could download it and watch the first 20 minutes or something and then if you wanna see the whole movie, you could buy the DVD. Or is it illegal to download stuff in Australia, I only know it's legal to download stuff in the Netherlands.

3. Von Streff

Regular

It's legal to download stuff there? Sheesh, here in New Zealand it's totally illegal! Ha ha! Pity, 'cos I'm Dutch, so I should be given certain rights or something. :p jk

4. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Here in the Netherlands it's only illegal to upload movies, music, games, etc. That the dutch way to stop piracy :p, but I think that downloading will be illegal here soon, because there are more and more people who want to stop donwloading.

5. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

I think someone was telling me about the stalker movie once and they said it was exactly like the book and just as good, I'm pretty sure they were talking about this film. This thread is pretty old though so you've probably already seen it but from what I've heard you should definately check it out!

6. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, I watched this movie a while back now, but it was great! Definitely recommend.

7. KhansGotKarma

I looked around the web a bit but can't seem to find the full thing, where did u see it?

8. Von Streff

Regular

Ah, I bought the DVD online. You might be able to find it on eBay, Amazon, or a local bidding-site? Or try a video-rental store, just ask around. :)

9. Mr_Timma

Mr_Timma Well-Known Member

Yeah its illegal to download stuff in australia but quite hard to get caught unless you are somebody suplying or "seeding" the content to other people to download :) also since the servers for most torrent based websites are somewhere in Europe america cant really shut them down....

10. KhansGotKarma

ah thanks

11. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

I got it, haven't watch it yet. one of those things that, for some reason or another, I never get round to do.