Stalker: Lost Alpha

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by NuclearWastE3, Jul 21, 2014.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl mod that attempts to re-imagine and create new content for the game based off of scrapped locations, mutants, etc. that can be seen in early screenshots of SOC and from files that were released by GSC; but this one is special. According to PC Gamer magazine, the team behind Lost Alpha, Dez0wave, had "sealed the deal" with GSC last year to release Lost Alpha as an official, paid add-on to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.; so that tells you something about this mod already. Unfortunately, some tester of the beta-build of the mod released it to the public. It's unfinished, and the Dez0wave team is really upset about it because the chance of selling it as a product is no more :(. Apparently though, Dez0wave plans to continue working on Lost Alpha and update it by releasing patches. It's not finished yet, so if you decide to get it, don't be upset for the many bugs that it may have. There have been two patches released so far with a lot of changes made. :thumb:

You can read up on it, download the 'unfinished' version, and get the patches here, at moddb. There is also suppose to be a lot new features and areas, and a partial change in the story -whether they are good or bad, I don't know. Hopefully they are since GSC decided to support them.

Here's a trailer of Lost Alpha, which I think is a bit weird -oh well:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=sjh8sjkKR40[/YOUTUBE]

Here is another video, which was released in 2012, around a year and a half before the game was leaked:
    [YOUTUBE]?v=3t08LMIu-P8[/YOUTUBE]

#1 NuclearWastE3, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm willing to give this a go, but I'd rather wait for the final release (or at least more patches).

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Yeah, me too. I just hoping that it will feel like a Stalker game should. I have tried many weather mods and overhaul builds for the game, but they all have some minor thing I don't like, which ruins the entire game for me; so I remove them.

There was this one weather mod that was perfect - it didn't ruin the atmosphere but enhanced it. Just perfect. For some reason I deleted it, and now that I want it back, I can't find it on the website I downloaded it from.

Oh well, hopefully this one is.... the one. :)

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, same here, I haven't tried that many but all of them look like... well, complete overhauls. I just want something that will really enhance the game without changing too much of what's already there. If Lost Alpha turns out to be too different from the original feel of the vanilla game, then I guess I'll just go for my long-overdue second playthrough of the base game.