Shoutbox?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by Skaara Dreadlocks, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Skaara Dreadlocks

Ohai thar! I suddenly got the idea that this forum could possibly use a shoutbox.
    "What's a shoutbox?" you may ask. It's simply a chatting-box, usually on the front page of the forum, where you can simply type a message and push enter.
    It's not a discussion-thread where you'll have to write a decently long post if you should post at all.
    In this shoutbox you can write short stuff like "hahah" or "yeah, true" without having to come up with more. It's almost like you should call it "chatbox" instead.

I'm lately browsing around on another forum aswell, where they have this. I think it's a good idea because it'll give the members a good chance to actually have some conversating chat between each other instead of discussing in threads with long spaces of time between every post. And I don't think it's difficult either. Only if you've got time of course, Luster. Only if you've got time. But it'd be awesome :D

2. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I sent a priv msg to Luster, but he did not answered I guess it's a no.

3. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm, it would be a little useful in the roleplay, too, because often we mix up posts, due to everyone writing at the same time. But if Luster says no, he's got his reasons. :)

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, and for example discuss who should be the next one to post something in the roleplay and stuff like that :3

5. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

Unfortunately a chatbox/shoutbox cannot be added due to a few reasons.

Chatboxes take away a lot of posting and activity from the forum because people tend to be too caught up in the chatbox. In addition, they're resource-extensive and would take up server usage.

Sorry.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I understand. That seems fair enough and quite reasonable, so no worries :D