Secondary Quest?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by iR3vOlv3Rz, Mar 27, 2012.

1. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

In Metro 2033 we could interact with the various people on the stations, but think if we can accept to make a little quest for some NPCs, and they to repay can offer us bullets or others stuff...
    also this additition will increase longevity of the game!

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

As cool as that would be I kind of doubt they'll do it there more likely to stick with a planned path. But it would be a nice touch!

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I agree, it would be a nice touch, but Metro is mostly about the main story itself. I don't think the creators want the players to slip out of the story that easily.

4. iR3vOlv3Rz

indeed i don't want a quest that depart us by main story, just little quest to upgrade Artyom character...

5. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

For sure I wouldn't want anything to break that state of mind u enter while following the story, I wonder if they'll make each mission have multiple paths like farcry 2 or something

6. Mediaprobe

Mediaprobe Well-Known Member

Remember being a DJ and relaying the message on top of the facist surface base? something like that but is longer, intertwines more with the story and has more moral choices :3

7. Shade

Shade Member

That'd be great! Also more paths like in Black Station would be appreaciated. Plus improving the armor system (which was basically made by 3-choices) could be great!

Cheers,
    Shade

8. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I don't believe that would work, because you would need to revisit the character and that means going back to the respective stations and blah blah blah. It's a fantastic idea though.

9. iR3vOlv3Rz

yeah but that was just a good action to do for unlock to good ending, there was no reward for it (specially if you don't have no more dark one to save).
    but secondary quest may be useful if you don't have enough money for buy stuff, and if NPCs give items to you for survire into the tunnel and on the surface...

10. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

This would be cool, but then they would have to make it so it doesnt feel like it's just dragging the main story out.
    It would be really cool with sidequests that kinda relates to the books or something like that :D

11. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

i think they shud just stick with a linear approach. but during surtain missions u can approach ur quest in two or more ways.
    for example taking the left tunnel wich is long but scary.
    or taking the right one wich requires a lot of ammo to be used like a gunbattle

12. iR3vOlv3Rz

or you can choise to take a darkest tunnel or a lightest, but inesplorated. also, they can introduce a map, like did with the book, and every tunnel signed into her have its particular feature...