S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Television Show (maybe/cancelled?)

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by NuclearWastE3, Oct 25, 2014.

1. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

[​IMG]

Well, last night, I was up to my usual internet activities of looking up post-apocalyptic stuff that would interest me -which, last night, happened to be S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game posters- and I ran into what seemed to be an ordinary Google-crap web page. When I clicked on it, it led to a GSC endorsed, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. page, which allows you to navigate through different S.T.A.L.K.E.R. related links when you move your cursor over various mutants and faction members. Anyway, that's not the cool part. The cool part is, when you clicked on the mutant all the way to your left (Burer), it takes you to a page that shows a trailer from the “upcoming” S.T.A.L.K.E.R. television show. Unfortunately, though, that was posted in 2010 and it has not been updated since. The reason? Well, it turns out, GSC was planning on releasing the show with the release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, but we know how that turned out.

I looked around the Web to see if I could find out if this was still in production, but the news on it is as old as the last we heard about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. Here is this interview that I found where GSC was asked questions about the show before it got "cancelled."

Anyway, this is something that I had never heard of, and so, I thought it would be neat for me to post it up since the majority of people here like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. I think it is a little heavy on the CGI, but I would have still watched it. I wish that it still gets released in the future.

Oops. I put this in the wrong place. I meant to have put it in the Movies/telivison section. And just when I was beginning to think this thread was perfect...So close :/
    Moved it for ya ;) -Skaara

#1 NuclearWastE3, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

Awesome! Damn, I wish they'd keep producing that TV show, I would've watched it :( I went to the Stalker page and clicked on the figure on the right, which took me to a Stalker Store. There's not much for sale there, and everything is out of stock. It's probably not maintained anymore, or active. But I found some really sweet pants there, a copy of some pants from the Stalker games. Unfortunately, the pants were most awesome in female-version, and so was the sweater. But I found a lighter there though, which looked pretty neat :)
    [​IMG]
    Pants: https://stalker-shop.com/product.php?id_product=114
    Sweater: https://stalker-shop.com/product.php?id_product=15
    Lighter: https://stalker-shop.com/product.php?id_product=98

3. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

Actually the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shop is working, I have find there the russian Clear Sky CE for 30$ and I bought it. It was completely new, also bought the only released S.T.A.L.K.E.R. magazine from there. It contained a nice poster which is on my wall since that :D.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yep, I've seen this stuff before and it's a damn shame it was never realized. Still, thanks for posting the link.

5. Autumnal Wanderer

Might be the Survarium will get theese things with time :)

6. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Well, I don't think anyone would be able to tell that they are girl pants if you were to buy them, Skaara. Just act like they're guy pants and everything should be fine. Though, kinda of strange how they have girl apparel when there wasn't any girls in any of the Stalker games; so, in that case, it means they're guy pants. ;)

I'm surprised at how expensive everything on their website is -besides the CS game, a few patches, and the lighter.

Anyway, the show. Yeah, it really sucks how everything of the original stalker franchise has gone down the drain; but like Autumnal Wanderer said, I too hope that the Survarium team picks up the rights -though, it's very unlikely since it basically the same group that was under GSC when Stalker 2 went dead.

--------------
    I was looking for a large poster that looks like this (I haven't been able to find any :():
    [​IMG]

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

Who knows, maybe I'll get a nice female bum in them? ;) ;) ;) ;) I mean, just look at that a-
    [​IMG]
    :lol:

8. Autumnal Wanderer

Let me clrear this, I meant that the VG will make a TV series based on Survarium. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has an unique brand management, I mean, there was a lot of books, board game(!), even planned a magazine, but only one released. And I not even mentioned the shop. I hope that the Vostok will make the same things with Survarium as well, but not for russia only for god's sake.

Edit:
    I think the change is made them better, let's be honest, the Zone has its own limitations, but with Survarium they imagination will go crazy, and remember, they wanted to save the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Online, so I can imagine that if the Survarium will be succses (and it is) they will make a real successor to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series in the Survarium's world.

#8 Autumnal Wanderer, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, all hope rests on Survarium now. Although I really like it already even though it's only closed beta in most of the world (except for the open beta phase in Russia and soon Poland), it gets old quickly if you play it too much as it's basically a mix of CTF/TDM with an atmospheric setting and lovely graphics. Freeplay mode will be the star of the show, though it has been delayed so many times. :eek:hwell: Of course, it would be better if it came late and more polished than if it would arrive earlier in bad shape - I just hope it won't take as long as Stalker took to develop. :p It's been about two years already, which is a decent period of time, but I hope it won't take any more than two additional years of development at the most.

10. Autumnal Wanderer

I love as well, which is a strange thing, because I only played multiplayer game after I completed a single player camping so I releated already to the world and characters. There is no such thing in this yet, and I love it already. The Freeplay will be a whole different universe. I have already played about 40 hours with Dayz Standalone, and I had only one major problem: Zombie apocalypse which I don't like too much, I allways wanted a Dayz like gameplay in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Metro like world. This is almost it. As I remember they promised us an gameplay to summer, but there is none yet so I guess they are a little bit delayed.

11. Autumnal Wanderer

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Nice find, Wanderer! :D

It says that it's suppose to premier in Russia 2015!