Ranger Mode Hardcore!

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Von Streff, Dec 12, 2011.

?

Did you finish the game on Ranger Hardcore difficulty?

1. Yes!

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, but I plan to...

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Blaastoid

Blaastoid Member

Ranger Mode Hardcore Reply

First I have to buy Metro 2033 again, then buy the Ranger Pack for the Xbox 360. So that's about a $40 buy. Though I'm VERY excited to play with the Ranger Pack. I've beaten the regular game many times and with the new difficulty, achievements, and weapons it should make for a real interesting play through.

2. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

not yet, but planing to shortly. RL keeping me busy at the mo. my partner is ill and need to look after her, so no much time for playing I'm afraid.

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

You still play Real Life? Man, long time since I played that game. The graphics are better than metro's, but the story pretty much sucks. Also, the rumour is that RL has a server reset at the end of this year.

4. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

What if I get lag out there? I'm dead! I also heard there's no respawn point in RL! :wacko:

5. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

RL would be great in my opinion if you can save your progression and replay some parts where you sucked...

6. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I'm almost level 17 in RL... heh.

7. Ranger_of_the_new_world

lvl 19 here :p

8. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Why hasn't Streff banned this guy?

9. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

This is how I feel. Yet somehow I want to be challenged even more so in M:LL. I hope the difficulty on ALL the difficulty settings are increased. In other words I would like to see a more challenging normal mode, as well as a more challenging Ranger-Hardcore mode.

I beat ranger-hardcore many times and now its the only way I play the game. Other difficulties are just boring now because I just steamroll it.:derp:

I am going to be uploading a series on youtube:pop2: where I play Metro 2033 entirely from start to finish with the basic revolver all on Ranger-Hardcore mode. :)

I promise It will be worth watching:pop2:. Uploads will being next week. I am currently preparing by practicing my skills with the ol' rusty 6shooter.;)

10. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Teddy Picker is going on only-knife playtrought on HM. Beat that ! :D

11. Cheaptricks

I would love to see fraps footage of that... is it possible? Maybe if you stealth most of the game?

hmmmm

Going to go try some hard levels with knives only.:laugh:

*I have NO IDEA how Outpost can completed with only knives : /*

#51 Cheaptricks, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  12. Jet Odessa

is there a game called Real Life, really? I didn't know, honest, but I was referring to real, everyday, life. You made me smile, something I don't do much of lately, since my wife is unwell and I'm worried about her. Thanx! :D

13. Cheaptricks

He was making a joke. lol!:p;)

14. Jet Odessa

actually, there is a game called 'real life', well, there are two, one like the sims type and another one which is a board game. but regardless, it made me smile! :laugh:

15. Cheaptricks

True enough, but he still was making a joke. lmao

He said "real lifes" graphics are better then metros and theres a "server reset" each year. Hence real life being visually perfect and newyears.

16. Jet Odessa

well, depends whether you wear glasses or not! I do for the PC only, and believe me all is kind of fuzzy if I'm online and don't wear them so the graphics get a bit 'ps one game in HD tv' type!!! :lol:

btw, I'm just kidding, just following on the joke. and I believe we are getting very much off topic here....

sorry super moderator von streff sir. this ranger apologises and promises to behave from now on. otherwise you might send her to clean out lurker's holes in the depths of the metro. :eek:

#56 Jet Odessa, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  17. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Hey Jet, hope your wife gets better man. And Cheaptricks, I just did Outpost with only knives a couple days ago. It wasn't too difficult, I'm struggling with the Librarians with knives only now. I figured originally that I could throw a knife at his face then just hail mary at him swinging, but he killed me in two hits. (Regular Hardcore mode)

18. MRJOEYBON

MRJOEYBON Member

So if I were to buy the DLC today should I start out on Ranger Mode Hardcore or Easy? I find it a lot easier in a game to start out on the hardest difficulty so I don't get used to playing it in an easier fashion.

19. Cheaptricks

I have a perfect stealth route for Outpost now. No kills, 100% stealth.(Thanks Teddy)

The librarians can be "stared down". Just don't look away from their eyes and don't get too close to them. Each librarian can be past without violence.

About the knife only play-through:
    I concluded its impossible to do knife only. The reason is D6/Biomass. You can't pass the ameaba section of the game without using bullets. However every other level is knifeable ;)

20. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I don't know why but whenever there is the Third Reich in any given level, I cannot do the stealth route. It is somewhere in my genetic makeup that I must purge, stealthily, the entire level of any and every Nazi. I also must make it as scary for them as possible while I pick off each of their buddies.