Ranger Mode Hardcore!

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Von Streff, Dec 12, 2011.

?

Did you finish the game on Ranger Hardcore difficulty?

1. Yes!

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No, but I plan to...

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Ok fellas:
    [​IMG]

Me =
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

yup,i did.Not really hard as i thought,maybe because by the time i began Metro in HR mode i had already learnt it step by step. :D

3. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

I would imagine those are chemical filtration masks your referring too. I don't think standard fiber dust masks would wear out much, they might get eaten by molds though, but since your just blocking the dust from getting into your lungs, a T-shirt would probably do just fine. In reality you might not need anything on a calm day when there was no wind to pick up dust. It would be cool to see guys with scarfs/t-shirts over there mouths too, the ninja look, or stalker look. They could easily introduce a "military grade" mask that lasted longer, but since in Metro 2033 it was extremely windy out, you could also say they had to protect themselves better for the wind. Its a small thing, but i personally love believable complexity in a living, breathing world as long as its interesting. Regardless, I think its important to free up the ability to explore the surface. I'd love to see a map with a few derelict skyscrapers in it to explore, or a mysterious signal received from another city in a future game.

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

The 5 year masks are long-life military grade ones. And a dust respirator lasts like 2 years, but should be replaced after 24 hours of use.

5. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

I use respirators at work and i've never heard that. Carbon respirators which rely on chemical interaction are known to have a short life span once the sealed package it comes in is opened. Dusk masks are just interwoven fibers/materials which catch fine dust, I highly doubt they wear out.

6. Yes, several times. Made walkthroughs out of those.

7. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

I beat it in ranger normal but I lack the motiation to do it again rhc at the moment. I will definately have it done before LL comes out.

8. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

You mean Ranger Easy? There's Ranger Easy and Ranger Hardcore, but no Ranger Normal.

As for me, I exclusively play in Ranger Hardcore nowadays. More realistic damage, more immersion, etc. I'm actually making a walkthrough right now, but Metro 2033 isn't exactly a "hot topic" on YouTube.

9. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Agreed. It's good that they're including it in Last Light. Too many easy games out there these days...

10. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Just finished the game with enlightened ending and ranger hardcore. I used the Bastard with Suppressor for a long time, but I can't say I've made a Bastard Playthrough.

11. Teddy Picker

:eek:hwell: you'll do it at some point. It's the mark of a true scrooge!

12. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

beat this game using only knife ( well maybe on D6 exploting slime-balls level the weapon use is alloved and then you will be our new God

13. Teddy Picker

Hell, I just got on summer break. I'll think about recording a knife-only playthrough.

14. Ranger_of_the_new_world

[​IMG]

15. Teddy Picker

Can I stealth human-based levels?

16. Red Aegis

Red Aegis Well-Known Member

I'm playing it on Ranger Hardcore right now for the first time. It's not that much harder than before but it may just be that I always played it the way you have to in Ranger Hardcore.

17. Ranger_of_the_new_world

yes i dont see the problem with that. You can just stealth trought humans and mutants based levels or run trought them

18. Teddy Picker

Alright I'm working on a standard playthrough right now, I'll record a knife-only when I'm done with it.

19. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

I completed the game once. I could play it again if I borrow someone's game for PC only, or else. My old laptop won't support Metro's graphic system, tho. =/

20. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Keen to see if they up the difficulty in Last Light. It would be nice to have that ultimate hard mode which really tests our skills...