Ranger Harcore not that hard?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by BlackBaron, May 15, 2013.

1. BlackBaron

BlackBaron New Member

I decided to do ranger hardcore the first time through and honestly was a little disappointed in the difficulty. I only died 13 times on only 3 parts (the swamp boss battle, once while defending the waterfall lift, and the final 'boss' because i didn't know what to shoot). And the game throws filters at you.

So am i the only one who felt this way? (i guess the fact that this is my only complaint about the entire game is a good thing).

2. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm playing on hardcore, and MLL seems to be way eassier and less scary than 2033.

Honestly, i'm just able to run around like being a ninja in some CoD game and take out the Nazis without anyone noticing anything. In 2033 you wouldn't even dare to stand up. lol

The monsters didn't seem that scary as well, except the only hard and annoying thing I found were the webs and the stuff on floor making you slow and not able to run away from monsters when they reach at you.

I think 2033 was done better. MLL needed more time.

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I felt it was a lot more difficult than Metro 2033?
    I would maybe die 3 times while playing Metro 2033 on Ranger Hardcore, but this game... I think I died 18 times or so :lol:

4. Oh yeah, totally hard, I can never find any ammo:

[​IMG]

5. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

+1

ammo was so easy to find really, way too easy.

6. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Yep. Playing right now on my first play-though on ranger-hardcore. Died a couple times to mutants but thats all I think.

Plenty of bullets to be found.

Great game tho.

7. Sharkey

Sharkey Well-Known Member

You should try Normal Hardcore, it's WAY more satisfying. I too thought Ranger Normal was way too easy, especially as you can recover your starting weapons in Ranger before you escape Reich. Decided to start over on Normal Hardcore, and oh yeah back to Metro 2033 goodness! ^_^

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

how?

9. slayer71

slayer71 Member

Yea it was way too easy. Although I'm not sure what you guys are talking about not finding ammo in ranger hardcore on metro 2033 I had 1000+ ak rounds most of the time, then again to get that I sold the volt driver the two time you can in the game and then bought crap tons of ammo

10. Chimera Knight

Chimera Knight Well-Known Member

The game is significantly easier than 2033 because the AI is terrible in this game. I litterally walked up to a human enemy, in the area where everything is on fire, stood up, stared at him face to face and it took him 10-15 seconds to realize I was there.

The only areas I thought were somewhat difficult were the ones where nosalisis swarm you because for whatever reason, even in ranger mode they can take anywhere from 2-4 shotgun rounds to kill. I unloaded all 4 rounds simulaneously from a quad-barrel, point blank in one and it still didn't die. I'd hate to see how many rounds they can take in normal mode.

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

:pop2:

12. Fist-Alpha99

Fist-Alpha99 Member

You could sell weapons in Metro 2033?!? If only I had known.
    I can almost agree that ranger hardcore is sort of easy. Human enemies are not as easily alerted as in 2033, and nosalises go down faster. But make a mistake and it's "lights out" (no pun intended). Imagine what its like for a metro noob...:shocked:

13. slayer71

slayer71 Member

You couldn't sell guns like in last light but if you trade in a really good gun for a crappy one you'd get paid the difference. A good way to get that 1000 mgr achievement. Towards the end of 2033 I was just spraying military rounds at any thing that moved, librarians and demons felt my ak's fury! Lol:D

14. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

just finished Ranger Hardcore and must say it is easier than in 2033.

I died about 10 times, mainly due to nosies swamping me and me falling in the water and being eaten by fishes, and had some shotgun ammo shortage half way through, but that's about it. In 2033, I would die about 30 times.

stealth is easier than 2033 Hardcore or otherwise. I would get caught every time in 2033. In Last Light, sometimes I would just crouch behind a guy, under a lamp, and pass by and no-one would notice me, and there were other guys nearby and looking in my direction.

one thing I did find silly though, in 2033 always had problems finding filters, in Last Light they are everywhere! I'm not complaining though, but it got a bit stupid in the end.

my veredict, 2033 Hardcore is harder than in Last Light. I also managed to get the good ending this run.

15. akaLuckyEye

akaLuckyEye New Member

I have a question about Ranger mode, if you reload and still have ammo in the clip will you lose the ammo that's left in the clip then?

cheers

16. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

i will answer for him :lol:

Ranger hardcore is fun but mashing buttons in cutsceanes and when searching stuff because there is no indicator is annoying and yeah thats about all i can think of, well back to ranger hardcore than :)

17. Fist-Alpha99

Fist-Alpha99 Member

I don't think so, but its pretty hard to check, isn't it?

18. akaLuckyEye

akaLuckyEye New Member

Yeah you can't see the ammo in your clip on ranger mode so or the ammo you have for the weapon.

19. didymos

didymos Well-Known Member

Easy, though boring, way to test: after a checkpoint, fire off and count all the rounds for a weapon. Load the checkpoint. Fire off a single round. Reload the gun. Fire off all the remaining ammo again and count. Add the first round into the count. Compare to the earlier count and you've got your answer.