Privyet! Hello! Labas!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sasha Ivorovich, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Sasha Ivorovich

Sasha Ivorovich New Member

Greetings and salutations comrades of the great Moscow metropolitan underground! I have long visited this forum and thought it time I register and introduce myself...
    My name is Alex, (and my late father was called Ivor), I have thus russianised it to give my name here: 'Sasha Ivorovich'. I hail from England and I have just graduated from Coventry university, having studied Disaster Reconstruction and Development, but I also have a passion for architecture. I have served in the British Army reserves for 4 years as an infantryman, so am fairly well versed in skill at arms, marksmanship principles and combat maneuvers. I am currently splitting my time between England and Lithuania; which I see as a second home as it is also the home country of my girlfriend. She is also a metro fan, and has proven an invaluable companion whilst playing due to her ability to translate the numerous Cyrillic signs and posters, as well as explain the subtle nuances of jokes and expressions that would otherwise be lost on me (eg. Korbut's speech in the ending cutscene of LL).

I've been a fan of the metro universe since the boredom of university lead to a chance purchase of 2033 for the Xbox 360, with free upgrade to limited edition due to low sales. (Yes, I am one of the plebs unable to afford a decent gaming PC - please forgive my sins). I hold it as one of the best games I have ever played- unlike many I didn't encounter any bugs or game breaking issues, so it is practically flawless. It is the story and the world however that I found so compelling; having just completed Falllout 3 at the time, it was refreshing to see a non western interpretation of a Nuclear Holocaust. Shortly afterwards I purchased the novel Metro 2033, which I greatly enjoyed and heartily suggest you read-you will appreciate the games even more. Sadly they have yet to translate Metro 2034 into English, but hope that they will before the release of the upcoming Metro 2035.
    Metro Last Light has been a similar joy to play through, and have already completed it several times, along with its DLC - In fact I have just completed the last 'Spider Lair' achievements as I write this.

Not realy sure what else to say, I realise I have already created a wall of text enough to shore up a metro tunnel, so shall end it here before I overstay my welcome.

Alex

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Welcome to the forums good sir nice to meet you!

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Greetings and welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your stay here as much as we do. Interesting introduction by the way :)

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

yeah i thought it was very good :)

5. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Welcome to the Metro friend!

6. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Привет! Как делА?

Don't worry about Metro 2034, it isn't such a great book.

7. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Greetings comrade! Welcome!

8. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

Welcome and may the Metro be kind to you.