Please Help - Game Crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by furrhjb, Dec 15, 2013.

1. furrhjb

furrhjb New Member

Hello,

I am having some problems playing Metro: Last Light. I have had no issues until I reached the mission "Revolution". After I enter the room and listen to the guards discussing the issue of burning the "rats", the game crashes to the desktop. It stutters very briefly and crashes directly to the desktop.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, which did not help. I've tried turning off all graphics options and lowering the resolution as much as possible, which did not help either. I've also tried installing the newest drivers for my video card and this did not help either. This has happened every time I have tried to play and I cannot progress past this point.

My system specs are the following:

Digital Storm laptop

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3Ghz
    220 GB SSD
    16 GB RAM
    nVidia GTX 675M, also Intel HD Graphics 4000 w/ Optimus (I run with the GTX 675M as the preferred card)

Anyone have any suggestions for fixes? I've had no luck on the Internet and I'd really like to finish this game.

Thanks!

2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Are you loading from the same checkpoint every time? If so, try restarting the level.

3. furrhjb

furrhjb New Member

I have been, yes. I'll try that. Thanks

4. Potarto

Sure. Let us know if it works.

5. furrhjb

furrhjb New Member

Thanks a lot! That fixed the problem. When I loaded into the area after starting the level again things ran smoothly with no problems.

6. Potarto

Glad to hear it worked. Most of the issues people seem to have beyond startup are just script errors and whatnot that can be remedied by restarting.