Playing competetive or casual

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by p4lse, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I am very much a casual gamer, which actually drives my one friend nuts because she's a pretty competitive gamer. I play games to have fun, not "win" at some sort of social thing.

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Tell me about it. My friends seem to love nothing more than to raise their blood pressures playing video games and curse out the game if they are losing, rather than just having fun and not taking it seriously. They think I'M weird because I'm usually mellow and shy away from super competitive gaming. No, it's because I find it pointless to shout and rant like a lunatic when I lose a challenge. I might curse, but not to the point where I can curse without taking a breath for five minutes.

3. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm playing for fun that's it. I'm just really chill with the games I'm playing. It really amazes me how some people are super invested in the game.

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Some people are more competitive naturally and that's how they're wired I guess, but I'm personally too jaded to give a crap about raising my temper over a game. There's other issues in life that deserve justified anger than a game.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  5. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm definitely in the casual category. Not only am I not really a fan of competing (mainly because I suck :p) but some days I hate grouping. I find that I like to take my time with content, and I'm usually running with league-mates that have done the content a hundred times before.

I remember running a mission in DCUO and constantly lagging behind due to my teammates being so fast... in the end I didn't even kill one mob, I kept getting locked out of boss fights (in DCUO, if you don't follow everyone when a boss fight starts, you get locked out; same if you die). I was getting a bit frustrated, especially since I had told my team prior to starting that I had never done this mission before. I just that some people in MMOs just rush through content way too much, or they're such hardcore gamers that playing an hour or two a night isn't enough to keep up with the best players who (like @Cereus said) treat the game as a full-time job.

It's the same with PvP... I'll dabble in it once in a while but never in any kind of serious capacity since again, I suck. lol

6. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can get a little bit competitive at time when playing games but for the most part I am usually very causal with gameplay.

7. Albert Bryant

Albert Bryant Well-Known Member
    Regular

Playing competitive nowadays!

8. Lissiel

Lissiel Member
    Regular

I consider myself as a casual gamer, I'm not really competitive but I play Dota before though. When I play It's like I'm draining all my stress at school and only casual game can make me relax. In competitive games like Dota, it gives me a headache especially when I lose in continuous time. I just played a competitive game when I'm not stressed and I have plenty of vacant time.

9. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I love both competitive and casual playing. I'm usually competitive because it's gaming with a different level of excitement. When it comes to relaxing and just having fun a casual game for me makes my gaming day complete.

10. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like playing casual and I think it is because I play free games.