not long left

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by N3xus, Apr 28, 2013.

1. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

So...only 16 days

What will do you in the meantime?
    I'm reading Metro 2034(Yes, the book, i bought it 1 year ago but i wanted to wait Last Light.) and i'm playing Metro 2033.
    What are you doing?

2. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

waiting, the terrible waiting.

3. [​IMG]

4. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I'm very excited :D, BUT even MORE so for star citizen. :D

5. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

16 days, and Im broke...FUUUUUUUUU

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I searched "can i run it" on google, and discovered that my Graphics card is too bad for the minimum requirements :(
    I'm going to have to buy a new graphics card for at least 700 NOK as soon as possible and have my father or brother install the card for me.
    Playing HL2RP and Insurgency, and I never really got to that point where I wanted to play Metro2033 at least one more time before heading onto Last Light... Maybe there is some time left for that.

7. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Waiting...and waiting.And actually left home and went at my parent's house just to keep myself away from the computer.But everytime i remember of the games installed on my PC i want run back home,lock myself and play untill i drop of either dehydration or starvation :D
    But no games untill Last Light is out.Then i'll probably get sick and won't be going to work for a week atleast... :shocked: Then i can play all i want :laugh:

8. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I'm going to re-read/play Metro 2033 and debate whether I should purchase LL or save up my money to buy a new processor and graphics card, preferably the Radeon 6990, to get the full experience (ya right).

9. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

I'm between minimum and recommended:), my (laptop) Graphics card is the only bottle neck, but it's impossible to replace that for a better one :eek:hwell: . Metro 2033 run almost fine and because Last Light is better optimized, I hope it runs even better.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm barely above minimum on Metro2033 according to the "can I run it" thing. The game did get some minor lag now and then when running it on medium settings.

Although Last Light is rumored to be optimized better than Metro 2033, I highly doubt it's going to be any easier for a PC to run Last Light better than 2033, considering the shiny new graphics and all. My graphics card does suck though. Minimum Graphics Card Memory for Last Light is 500 something, and mine is only 200 something :lol: The modern Graphics cards are minimum 1000.... :p

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I ran the test and with SLI 670 I can play recommended, I expected Optimum. Metro 2033 without DOF, DX11, Very High and PhysX, 1080p runs sweet on my machine. 120FPS + apart from a few areas where it goes to around 70.

12. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Heh You guys know that level frontlines in 2033 my 2.3GHZ laptop dips to single digits so LL will have to be PS3 then, anyone else notice the rateing on the box- References to sexual violence not Strong violence?

13. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

I can run Metro 2033 at very high 1080p with a bit of antialiasing at 50-60 fps.
    I will change my videocard soon though...i've got a gtx 650...the rest of the PC lets say is perfect :p i7 3770k 3.5 with 16 gb of RAM.
    I think i will be able to play LL at medium settings, i'll lower the resolution to 1680x1050 or 1440x900 if i want to play at high settings :p.

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I will need to borrow a lot of cash from my brother... A LOT. My PC is still broken, but at least I've found out that the source of the problem is most likely at the motherboard. Thus, I am going to get a modern motherboard - but that will also require a new PC case with room for future upgrades. All of the other components I will keep the same - from my current PC, except for maybe the PSU. This means that I'm looking at, at the very least, over 200 quid worth of hardware and software (new OS, most likely Windows 7 64-bit), which is way more than I can spend. I will need to borrow part of this value fast if I am to have a PC to play Metro: Last Light on when it comes out... I'm not even sure I'll make it before release, but I'll try my best.

15. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

what it says on the tin, so how will you be spending the day? i for one will lock-up my laptop so Total war dosent tempt me into playing it (goddamn ottamns) and after i pick up my copy i will make myself some instant noodles sit it infront of my telly and probberly not move till i drop how about you guys

16. [YOUTUBE]NVXeKdgPeHQ[/YOUTUBE]

17. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm gonna play Red Faction Armageddon and Path to war.Read a book.Watch all the X-files seasons.Anything that could keep my mind ocupied and Metro free :D

18. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

We are hosting a day-long drink-a-thon at my house. I will be sure to make some posts later on when I'm at the peak of my inebriation. See you guys then! :wacko:

19. Let's kick some snout butts!

[​IMG]