No Auction House?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by bluerim, Aug 1, 2013.

1. bluerim

bluerim Well-Known Member

Boy I hope this is not true, I can take the no raids and no raid gear. But no auction houses, what is up with that.....​

I hope this is not true, or they are just calling it by another name.​

2. redmoon

redmoon Well-Known Member

They have already stated that there will be Auction Houses in game. There will not however be just one AH but instead you will have regional auction houses. I do not however know if each major city will have its own auction house or each alliance will have an auction house or weather each city, town and village will have its own auction house.​

If there was just one single AH, could you imagine looking for a studded armor and finding 750.000 listed​

3. rocketwar

rocketwar Well-Known Member

My worry exactly. I can't think of a good way for them to do trading without a seriously messed up economy. That's a big drawback of the megaserver. I'm betting though that trading and economy won't be as big as a factor in ESO than in other games, since there's a lot more skill and less stat stacking

4. Bubblebee

Bubblebee Well-Known Member

There is actually several mmo's that do not have auction houses. SWG (rip) did not have an auction house. It did however have a bazaar that you could use to locate items on player vendors, where the vendor location was, ect. But there was no auction house and it worked very will without one. UO has no auction house and no means to check vendor inventories like you had in swg with the bazaar. So in UO you have to search vendor by vendor for what you need. There are or were other mmo's that do not have auction houses, and do very weill without them. I, myself would rather there not be a auction house at all. But ESO has said there will be regional auction houses that would not be connected to other regional auction house

5. ludie

ludie Member

There will not however be just one AH but instead you will have regional auction houses.If there was just one single AH, could you imagine looking for a studded armor and finding 750.000 listed