New mutant ideas/suggestions

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by BaZzaaa, Apr 3, 2013.

1. BaZzaaa

BaZzaaa Member

if you guys could add any mutant to the game what would it be? description, name, chareteristics etc would be cool :)

post your ideas

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

It would be cool with a small notice in one of the missions on the surface, for example Pavel saying that "there are numerous rumors about a legendary unique mutant which is said to be so frightening and terrifying that it pulls the very soul out of every human that encounters it", or something scary along the lines of that :p

And then maybe even have a short moment, almost as an easter egg, very difficult to spot, far in the distance, at one place, Artyom will see this mutant slowly walking across somewhere and disappearing behind the next wall.
    [​IMG]

3. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

They could put STALKER easter eggs like the pseudo giant or bloodsucker which I think is terrifying especially in that village

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Looks like my cat :laugh:

5. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

you have one scary-looking cat, sir.

6. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Hate the look of some of the new mutants, especially in the "10 minutes in the swamp" trailer, they're just not scary, same goes for those little scorpion looking things.

More beastly animals or maybe even just simple rats, similar to in the book? You're wandering through a tunnel after leaving the station and you see lots of agitated rats come skittering through the tunnel, they start gnawing on you and you're shooting them around your feet, you look up and you see this great grey/black mass hurling towards you, you have no fucking clue what it is but you know it's not good and you can hear squeaks, screams and scratches coming from it, the atmosphere has slowly but secretly built up here, you're shitting yourself and you're tense as hell, then the first wave falls into the light and you realise it's a flood of dirty ass rats and you turn and run, but the station gates closed behind you, where do you go? :O

Edit: It would make sense, it's in the first book and there's been an outbreak of the plague in Last Light.

#6 VanillaToshi, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  7. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I've always wondered what the heck that thing was and what it was all about.

8. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

Human mutants... 20 years of radiation seeping its way into the metro from the world above? Theres a distinct lack of humans affected by exposure to radiation. Deformeties, stillbirths and cancers. Just take a look at any of the children born in the wake of chernobyl. i guess there are still some taboo subjects in video games..!

9. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Dude you seem to be forgetting the dark ones :p

10. KLMKsunbunny

We dont know they came from humans, do we?? Just that they are new lifeform better adapted / evolved for life on the surface...

11. KLMKsunbunny

just re-reading the last couple of pages from the book now...

"Because the Dark Ones were also part of mankind, a new branch of it, born here in the ruins of a megalopolis swept away by war."

ok, just slapping myself in the face now stalker...

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've always believed that The Dark Ones were humans from the beginning of. I've never known it, I've just assumed it and eventually stated it as a fact in my own brain :p
    It does make sense that they are humans, actually. The human race is far more intelligent than animal-races. The animal-mutants have grown extreme hunting abilities and 'weapons', they've evolved into something much more fit to survive. Some of them show a greater hunting-instinct like the Librarian and the Lurker. So concidering that humans are so much more intelligent than animals, humans thereby grew an unexplainable intelligence. That's also the reason why The Dark Ones are attempting to contact humans; they are actually humans themselves. Or, at least they were :)

And yeah, I've always wondered what was the thing about that mutant as well, Aaron :p

14. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Just like the rat scene in S.T.A.K.E.R. .

[​IMG]
    Edit: Is anyone able to see the image, because for some reason on my computer the image does not show up, but it did when I hit preview post on the reply page.

#14 NuclearWastE3, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

In the Universe of Metro 2033 book called Towards the Light, there is a friendly human mutant (and he is one of the main characters). :)

16. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

This is very plausible because nearly everybody in the Metro is a mutant.Due to the nuclear radiation it would have mutated many of the people cells and genes. It just depends on how much this radiation affects the cells and what you mean by mutant.

17. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

the blue text just imploded my eyeballs xD

18. KLMKsunbunny

Didn't the Rangers warn you? Its like the stars on the Kremlin... Don't look at it!

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, the mutant I'm talking about is tall, very muscular, incredibly strong and lizard-like. However, he thinks and speaks like a human. He is treated with varying amounts of respect by the people of the metro in the second book of the series called "Into the Darkness". He used to be a member of a team of stalkers who treated him as one of their own. Everyone else is either scared of or disgusted by him.