New Metro game? 2016 E3

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by MetroMan, Aug 4, 2016.

1. MetroMan

MetroMan New Member

You guys hear of the news? Not sure how many of you are getting your hopes up, but i kind of am:laugh:

Perhaps it will be Metro: 2034 - Hunters story that got skipped.

I really don't know why nobody seems to care what happens with Hunter after he gives Artyom his signet necklace. Olman recognized Hunters Necklace when he rescued Artyom from the Nazis so I was actually expecting Hunters story after 2033, but then they released last light.:eek:hwell:

What do you all think?

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, Hunter's story is explored more in Metro 2034 (the book) already. I don't want to spoil anything though by saying what happens to him, though I think even most of the people who haven't read it know by now. Anyway, if there was a new Metro game then I'd prefer if it was something new entirely and no longer about Artyom, the Dark Ones or any of the major characters from the games and Glukhovsky's novels - there is no need to keep coming back to that plot. I would rather play a game set in a different location, perhaps something from the Universe of Metro 2033 stories, or if it has to be in Moscow then maybe let us create our own character, add some branching dialogue and more survival horror gameplay elements.

3. Eru Cozorav

Eru Cozorav Well-Known Member
    Regular

e3 2016? no news so far, the only thing that came from deep silver is saint row title.

our best bet is probably the gamescom 2016, its clear that deep silver want the new metro title be like fallout 4 announcement hype.

funny that gluskovsky is originally wanted metro to be like CRPG, like fallout 1 or 2. Dunno if metro fps could carry that burden of task

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'm with Bamul on this one - As much as I like the plot and the characters, I still too want something new.

5. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I agree with bamul as well, something like an open world metro with some kind of story

6. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

Fuck Hunter.

We need a new story showing us the progression after the Red Line and Rangers fucked each other up, shifting the major balance of power in the Metro.
    This time around the Fourth Reich should be the major focus, they'd clearly take advantage of the Red Lines new lack of forces and the Rangers loss of position of power.

The Rangers will die out, become a relic of the old world just like the Russian Government after the bombs fell- Communism will still be a reasonable political stance in most stations, but, the Red Army would be weakened and in shambles after all the Major losses. Hansa is Hansa, and the Reich would be going CRAZY taking advantage of the new gain of power in the Metro.

I want to see a story based on a character from the more extreme side, somebody who grew up in Reich or Red Line territory who slowly develops from this biased character into somebody who sees the error in everyone's ways and fights to try and not repeat history again.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Minor spoilers for Metro 2035:

If we're going by the book canon, which also featured a battle between the Ranger Order and the Red Line over control of a bunker (like D6) between the events of M2034 and M2035, then I can tell you that the Rangers were extremely weakened by the war, but the holes in their ranks were patched by reinforcements from Hanza - who have become much more closely allied with the Order to the disappointment of some Ranger veterans.

The Red Line is fighting a famine; they are getting secret support from Hanza/Rangers. They are still basically the same sons of bitches who have very little to do with actual communism. The Reich has been reformed quite a bit so that at first it may seem like a genuinely nice place to some, but underneath they too are the same sadistic assholes who deserve a bullet in the back of the head. However, at the end of the book you will find out that all major factions in the Moscow Metro have more in common than you might think.

Regardless, the games follow a slightly different canon to the books (e.g. the little Dark One is never a thing in Glukhovsky's trilogy, but Artyom's membership in the Order and his marriage with Anna are). So, if we were to have another game set in post-apocalyptic Moscow, it might look quite different to what I read in Metro 2035. They can really carry it on any way they want as long as they have Glukhovsky's blessing.
    If you're interested in reading more about how the author continued Artyom's story in the third book, I've made an article for it on the Metro Wiki a while ago which can be found here. When writing it I tried to avoid any major spoilers, hence the lack of a full story explanation and greater focus on giving the reader an idea of what's changed.

#7 Bamul, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  8. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

I have still not finished ANY of the Metro books because of there incredibly poor translations to English- the books in England are rare and shitty to get, as a majority of the pages are actually completely missing from each copy I have. I have not broke into 2034, but, 2033 pissed me off greatly with the large patches of story cut out.